16. On top

"Happy thanksgiving!" Leah smiles as she walks into my apartment with a dish in her hands. I smile at her and take the food out of her hands and give her a hug.

"What time is your thanksgiving?" I ask her as she takes a seat at the kitchen table.

"We already had our thanksgiving, we're early birds, so I'm all yours."

"Good. I have zero help this year. Cam is at work and Asher is god knows where and-" I go to say the rest of my thought but I can't, Leah catches on to my hanging sentence and quickly recovers, trying to make me feel better.

"Good thing you have chef Michael! In the house right!" She smiles as she bumps her hip into mine and I smile at her sadly and shake my head, trying to keep away the tears.

"Hey I'm here too." Ty calls in from the couch with a bowl of popcorn as he continues to watch hallmark shows.

"Ty! What are you doing get your ass up and give me a hug you freak!" Leah squeals and runs over to Ty and they hug each other.

"Ty you have sat there and occasionally told me good job. You're no help."

"I'm more of a moral support kinda person." He says and sits back down and watches his show.

"Okay what time is dinner suppose to be done?" Leah asks as she heads back into the kitchen to me.

"Uh... yea, Uhm six." I mumble and her eyebrows shoot up and she stares at me wide eyed.

"I know you didn't just say six! Bay its four fifteen right now!"

"I know! I know! I've been trying to cook but I just can't. I wasn't the chef! I was the person who took the chefs orders!"

"Okay we can do this, let's just turn the oven up really high and put the turkey in."

"Good idea!" I agree with her and we preheat the oven to the highest setting.

"Idiots. You two are idiots." Me and Leah both jump when we hear a deep voice behind us and I see Asher walking towards us, dressed impeccably.

He has on black dress pants with a blue button up shirt with about three of the top buttons unbuttoned and the sleeves rolled up.

He runs his hands through his neat hair making it stay back from his eyes and he reaches for the oven.

He turns it back down to the correct temperature and looks at us incredulously.

"You guys have no idea how to cook do you? Cause your 'great idea' would have either started a fire, or burnt the turkey. Give me the apron I'm taking over." He demands and reaches his hands out for me to give him the apron I'm wearing. I raise a questioning eyebrow but hand him the filthy black apron.

"Did you even clean it?" He asks and I roll my eyes and place my hands on my hips.

"Of course I washed it off." I state incredulously, he thinks I'm dumb. When I tell him this though he just stares at me with an 'are you kidding me' face and I shrug.

"What?"

"I'm so glad I showed up. You have to take the neck and giblets out of the turkey, so stick your hand up it's ass and pull it out." My mouth drops as Me and Leah make a disgusted face.

"That's disgusting! I'm not doing that!"

"That's cooking. Get me a pair of gloves." He states and I reach under the sink for my pink rubber gloves. He grabs them without hesitation and puts them on. I try not to laugh at the six foot boy wearing an apron and my rubber pink gloves as he sticks his hand inside the turkey to clean it.