09. Perfect Timing

After explaining to Leah six times that there is nothing going on between Drew and I, she finally lets me go. She's still skeptical and gave me one of her 'I'm watching you' looks before walking back inside to Cam.

So now that I'm alone I try to sneak inside so I can go hide in one of the many bedrooms to find some peace and quiet.

But it doesn't happen.

As soon as I put my foot on the stairs Cameron clears his throat behind me and I grudgingly turn around.

"There's only two reasons you should be going upstairs. A, to get into whatever the hell you're wearing for the party. Or B, for some reason that's where the snack tables are and you're getting them to bring them outside to set up." I narrow my eyes at Cam and give him my most vicious look before flipping him off and heading upstairs.

"The tables are in the storage room in the basement get them your self."

"Pleaseeeee baby sister! Help your big bro out."
I stop on the next step and sigh heavily as I turn around to Cameron who is giving me his puppy dog eyes and I start walking back downstairs. I shouldn't have even looked. He can make anyone do whatever he wants for him I swear.

"Thank you! thank you!"
He says as he kisses my cheek and starts walking away but he stops and turns back around.

"I'll send Asher to come help you."
He says then walks away.

I don't really see Asher taking orders from Cam or anyone at that. So I go ahead and head to the basement ready to carry these stupid tables by myself.

I grab the heavy plastic table and go to take my first step up the stairs but the table hits the step and I go falling backward with the table landing on top of me.

Smooth Baylor.

I am not even bothering to get up. I'm just going to lay here for a moment. Great idea cam, send the 5'4 girl to get the giant tables. You know what, maybe if I just lay here then I'll actually get that peace and quiet I have been trying so hard for. So maybe I should thank him.

"Baylor?" I hear a voice ask and I raise my hand from the side of the table. Everybody just wants to keep me company, don't they!

"Here." I say and then I feel the table being lifted off me. I look up into amused blue eyes and I give Asher a death glare as I get up off the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asks with a smirk as he tries to keep himself from laughing.

"Fantastic I just had a 50-pound table on top of me!" I smart off and this time he does laugh.

"Baylor this is like 10 pounds." He says as he holds the table up with one hand.

"Well, some people don't have muscles the size of people's heads." At this he laughs harder and I can't keep the smile off my face.

"Is that right?"

"Just help me." I say and grab one end of the table and he grabs the other and we successfully walk up the stairs.

-

It's finally 9 o'clock and Cam has everything for his party set up, he's outside with the DJ he hired doing a soundcheck.

Now, once again, I attempt to go upstairs and relax, but before I get up the first step Leah is dragging me to the bathroom saying 'I can't wear that to a party'.

"What do you expect me to wear I don't have any clothes here? And what's wrong with my outfit? And I don't even want to be at this stupid party." I ask her as I look down at my leggings and an oversized sweatshirt.