19. XOXO

"Hey Baylor." Asher calls after me as he watches family guy while sitting on the couch as I make dinner. His anger from earlier has dissipated and is now in a playful mood.

"What."

"So remember when we made that bet on Halloween?" He asks me mischievously and I stop making the hamburgers to look at him.

"Yes. I won right?" I say trying to trick him, I know I didn't win that bet.

"In your dreams princess. So I've been thinking about my prize." Oh gosh this isn't going to be good.

"What is it."

"I could use some relief, I've been feeling pretty... tensed lately." He says with a huge mischievous grin plastered on his gorgeous face. I just look at him confused as he sits there looking like he's about to bust out laughing.

"So what, Like a back rub?" I ask him and he lets off a small chuckle.

"I was thinking maybe you could do something else." I drop the spatula I'm holding and look over at him and he has a smirk clear across his face. My cheeks burn a bright fiery red and I turn away. What the hell is wrong with him!

"No fucking way." I tell him and he starts busting out laughing.

"A deal is a deal. I want some relaxation, without any clothes on, and lots of lotion." He says as he wiggles is eyebrows and my breath hitches and for a moment I can't remember how to breathe.

"I- it's that- you- uhm."

"I'm joking." He says as he busts out laughing and my cheeks get even more red if that's possible.

"Where's cam?" He asks as he switches the T.V off and walks towards me. I feel a bit relieved at the change of subject. It takes me a moment to regain my composure. He gets under my skin so easily.

"Him and Leah have a date." I say as he sits down at the kitchen table. My heart is still pounding and the heat is slowly fading from my cheeks.

"Losers. Who wants to be in a relationship. They never last anyway." For some reason Asher's words cause a pang in my chest.

"That's a pretty negative outlook."

"It's the truth. Name one person who is still with their high school sweetheart."

"LeBron James." I say as I cross my arms and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Okay well he's literally one in a million...with everything."

"Why do you think all relationships are doomed? What have you been through?" I ask him and he stares at me impassively for a moment before he shakes his head.

"I'm not having a heart to heart with you. Go find someone else to hold hands and cry into their shoulder with. Let me know when the food is done."
He states and then walks into the bedroom. Is it just me or is he bipolar as fuck.

-

The next morning all I want to do is stay in bed. As my alarms goes off for the third time I decide I should probably get up if I don't want cam to leave me.

There's three days until Christmas break and I wish I could just skip them.

Grudgingly I get up and head into the bathroom but when I open the door I lock eyes with a stranger. Her green eyes look at me surprised and then she spits out the toothpaste in her mouth and excuses herself as she heads back to my sisters bedroom where Asher lays on a twin sized bed.

My heart stings in my chest even though it has no reason to. I mean I told him I wouldn't do anything with him so he has every right to get it from somewhere else. One day though? Really!? He couldn't just take a cold shower? And in my house? That's just disrespectful!

I slam the bathroom door shut and brush my teeth. I get dressed and walk out to the kitchen. To my surprise Cam isn't up yet and so I walk towards his room to wake him.

As I go to open his door I hear a voice behind me.

"There's no school today." I turn around to see Asher walking out of his room in just his boxers and he strides towards the coffee pot tiredly. It makes my blood boil just looking at him. I bet he didn't get much sleep last night. I don't know why it makes me so mad that there is a girl in the room.

"Why isn't there any school?" I ask him, trying my best not to sound like a bitch.

"Something about contaminated water I don't know." He says as he fills the coffee pot up with the water that is suppose to be contaminated.

"Yet you're about to drink it?"

"The water gets boiling hot in the coffee pot sweetheart. It will clean it." He says annoyed as he rolls his eyes and heads back to bed.

I wish I had a guy that would stay in my room just to make Asher think Something is going on. If I were to have a boy come over for one night Cam would kill me, but it would be completely fine if he did.

I hear a knock at the front door interrupting my thoughts and so I walk towards the door and open it. But when I do there's nobody there but a small envelope at my door step.

In big bold ink 'Baylor' is sprawled across it. I take a step out of the apartment to look around but there's nobody.

I grab the envelope and head back to the kitchen counter to open it.

'Watch your mouth, resist your mind, the things you remember aren't always right. If you speak, so help me god, I'll tear out that little tongue. Xoxo, your past.'

My heart is racing as I read the note in my trembling hands. This is just some kind of joke right? Nobody is really threatening me. Or are they. What the hell are they even talking about? What do they want, why not just come out and say it instead of playing games!

"What are you doing up so early?"
I hear Cams groggy voice and I hurriedly put the note back in the envelope.

"I uhm couldn't sleep and I also thought we had school today."

"Are you still having nightmares? Have you remembered anything new?" His question causes fear to bubble up in my throat as I think back to the note I had in my hands seconds ago. That has to be what they're talking about. The accident.

"Uhm no. Nothing new." I tell him and then get up and head to my room leaving Cams confused face at the kitchen table.

This is obviously worse than I thought. I don't know what the hell is going on. I just need to calm down, it's probably nothing. I'm sure people get these kind of messages in their mail all the time, right? It's just somebody trying to mess with me.

Golly I hope so.

What if the person that wrote the note actually knows what happened. I need to figure out who this is.

I open the envelope back up and pull out the note. The hand writing is in crisp cursive writing with a back word slant.

I swear I've seen it before.

-

A/N ; hey guys I am so sorry it's taken so long to update I have major writers block and I've also been super busy!

This chapter sucks and it's super short I know but we're about to get somewhere!

Thank you to all who read vote and comment it means so much!

Xoxo Asher_rose❤️