49. Dad?

Play the song above while listening. I really love this song by halsey.
-

I wait for Asher to reply but his eyes are locked on something behind me and I turn around to look too but gasp when I do. It's the guy from the beach.

"Dad?"
Did Asher just say- dad? I'm dreaming. No. No. No. No. Everything is spinning I need to sit down. I stumble back and Asher's eyes shoot towards me as he rushes towards me and wraps his arms around me.

"Baylor are you okay?"
Asher asks as he bends down to look in my eyes. I look at the man- I look at his father who was staring me down and shake my head vigorously. His eyes form in question as he stares at me and he looks back towards his father.

"What are you doing here. I told you to leave."
His voice is cold now as he stands in front of me protectively.

"I heard about the- the accident."
His eyes shoot to mine causing the hairs on my neck to stand up and he looks back at Asher.

"What was that."
Asher asks as he steps towards the man.

"What was what ash?"

"Don't fucking call me that. Why did you look at her when you said the accident."
He asks again and I take a timid step towards Asher.

"Asher."
I say and grab his hand and squeeze hoping he'll remember what I said I'd do if I ever seen my stalker. His head turns towards mine and he waits for me to say something but I just squeeze his hand again and his face turns into pure shock then back at his father in rage.

"Your the fucking one texting her! The one on the beach! The one who put her in the hospital! What the fuck is wrong with you!"
Asher yells as he takes another step towards his father.

"She killed your mother! Your brother!"
Asher slams his fist into his fathers jaw and the man fumbles towards the ground catching himself and standing back up while holding his jaw and spitting out blood.

"And you beat us."
Asher says before grabbing my hand and pulling me past the man. My heart clenches in my chest and all I want to do is wrap Asher up in my arms. His father beat him?

Once we get past his father he lets go of my hand and walks towards the brick building beside us. He screams in anger as he pounds his fist on the wall and I swear I heard bones cracking.

"Asher"
My voice is small as I walk near him. His back is turned to me but I can still see the heavy breaths he's taking. I place my hand on his shoulder and gently turn him towards me and wrap him in my arms.

His strong arms wrap back around me instantly holding onto me tightly as he sways back and forth.

"I'm so sorry bay. I had no idea-"

"I didn't think you did Asher."

"I want to fucking kill him!"
Asher yells and starts to walk back in that direction but I grab his arm and pull him back to me.

"Calm down ash lets just go home okay. Breathe."
I say and he takes a deep breath and nods his head.

-

The walk home was quiet. Neither one of us having any words. From the day I seen that man on the beach I thought he looked like Asher but I couldn't admit it. I didn't want to.

So as I sit here in my room all I can think about is Asher's words 'and you beat us'. It tears me apart. I wish he would just talk to me.

"Baylor."
Asher's voice sounds from outside my bedroom door.