Home

Violetta: (laughs) haha yes.
Leon: It's getting late. Let's go home and then we can practise more tomorrow.
Violetta: Ok. Let's go. (Takes hold of Leon's hand)
(They walk home together talking)
(they reach Violetta' house)
Violetta: Angie, is it alright for Leon to stay over today.
Angie: Yeah sure but remember he has to stay in the spare room because you know your father wouldn't approve.
Violetta: Yeah that's fine.
Leon: Thank you. (Smiles)
Angie: No problem. Dinner will be served soon so go get cleaned up and then come down.
(Violetta and Leon walk upstairs)
(They walk into Violetta's room)
(Leon looks around and then sees a picture of Violetta's mum)
Leon: Is this your mum?
Violetta: Yeah, she died when I was 5.
Leon: I'm sorry to hear. She looks a lot like you.
Violetta: It's ok. Yeah, I get that a lot. I'm glad you think that. People also say I look a bit like Angie.
Leon: Why Angie?
Violetta: Well, because she is my aunt.
Leon: Oh really, I never knew that.
Violetta: I didn't know that for a long time because my father always hid stuff about my mother from me.
Leon: How come?
Violetta: He didn't want me to go down the same career as she did, singing. So he tried to stop me from singing. He also hid a whole room of her stuff from me. (Looks down as if about to cry
Leon: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset. (Goes to Violetta and puts his arm around her)
Violetta: It's not your fault. I just miss her a lot. Sometimes I wish she was here to see me sing and dance. I know she would have loved it.
Leon: And I'm sure she would have been so proud. (kisses Violetta on the cheek)
Violetta: Thank you. You always know how to cheer me up.
Leon: (smiles) (looks down and then back up again) Hold on, where are your crutches.
Violetta: Oh, I completely forgot about them. Well, I guess I don't even need them anymore, I have been walking fine.
Leon: Aww that's great news. That means we can dance in our end of month showcase performance.
Violetta: I'd rather not. I have something else in mind.