Morning Breath

I would have written another chapter today but I am ill :( will try to tomorrow!

Leon's POV:

Violetta crept back to her room after she said goodnight.

I hope she got back to her room without her dad catching her.

I was reassured by the sound of the door slam next door.

Trying to get to sleep, I stared up at the wall.

Floorboards creaked outside.

It was probably German checking up on Vilu.

I started to drift into sleep until someone climbed onto my bed.

"Violetta, what are you doing here?"

"I couldn't get back to sleep. A lot on my mind. Can I sleep here tonight?"

"It's more like morning now, but sure. What if your dad catches you? He'll think we were up to something and we'll never be able to see each other again." I started to get really worried. Even my parents would freak out if they saw us like this. I am not going to do anything with Vilu, it's just everyone would think we have.

"Thanks and don't worry. I have it all planned out on what I would say if he did catch us."

Violetta moved my arm so she was squished into my side and my arm laid gently on her waist. Within seconds, Violetta was out and into deep sleep. I kissed her gently on her forehead and fell asleep... hopefully without any more interruptions.

The next morning:

"Vilu, Vilu, Vilu, Violetta!"

I heard a familiar voice whispering Violetta's name. Wait what? I am not Violetta, I am Leon. Then everything that happened last night came rushing into my memory and I remembered that Violetta had slept next to me.

Taking it a while for my eyes to adjust to the bright sun-light, I just about could see a fuzzy face right up close to mine. I finally could make out that it was Angie.

"Thank God. Finally one of you wakes up."

"German."

"Don't worry he hasn't seen you yet. Still in bed, doing a conference call. We have to wake Vilu up before he checks up on her."

I start tapping her on the shoulder and so does Angie. Obviously, this wasn't working. I thought of a genius idea that Vilu is going to hate me for thinking of.

"I have an idea." I say to Angie. I look down and see Federico on his phone still in bed, "Fede, come over here."

"Good morning to you too." Said Federico sarcastically. Walking as slow as a snail, Fede trails over to the bed and jumps onboard.

I whisper into his ear on what he has to do. Unfortunately, I had to check whether this plan would work, which meant smelling Federico's morning breath.

After I suffered through that terrible smell, I was certain Vilu is going to kill me for letting Federico breathe on her.

"Breathe" I said to Federico.

Violetta's POV:

What the hell is that smell? It smells like someone's bad morning breath. I flutter my eyes open. Who do I see? Federico of course.

"She's awake; you can stop suffocating her now." I hear Leon say.

"Vilu, come on, you have to get back to your room before your dad sees you here."

I just remembered where I was. I jumped out of bed frantically.

"I'll see you at breakfast.

I snuck back into my room and pretended to be writing in my diary, just in time for my dad to walk in.