9. Guilty

a/n: I feel like I'm doing this story too much in Tyler's Pov, i don't know. I'm gonna try and switch it up slightly.

----------------------------------

Josh's Pov:

Tyler and I walked together to the cafeteria in silence, Brendon and Ryan following after behind us giggling about something. I felt guilty. Really guilty. I could tell Tyler was upset about getting a detention. It's not like detentions are really a big deal, It's just the fact that Tyler has ever had one before, ever. His innocence and 'being the perfect student' has seemed to be taken away, from me. I'm the one that pressured him in to doing so. All. my. fault.

Well maybe I'm just being dramatic, It's not a big deal. Plus I owned up, unlike Brendon, and got myself a detention too.

We walked over too our regular table where Pete, Patrick, Jenna, Alex, and Jack were already sitting waiting for us. The four of us took our seats and started chattering.

"Where's Melanie and Debby?" Patrick asked.

"Oh, they just went to the queue to get lunch." answered Ryan.

"Eew school lunches are horrible," Brendon said with a disgusted look on his face, " That's why I always bring my own." He grabbed his bag and pulled out a pack of oreos and an apple.

"Anyway," Jenna started, "You free to come over to my house after school Tyler?" She said turning to face him.

"Oh I-I uh can't, I." He stuttered with his cheeks slightly flushed red. He looked up over at me and then back at Jenna.

"Why not?" The blonde girl questioned although I thought she was the one who's been avoiding Tyler these past few days.

I gulped hard trying to ignore the guilt building up inside of me, then looked over to brendon who also looked self-accusationing towards himself. Ryan just shook his head disappointedly at us two while the rest of the group looked over at Tyler confused.

"Well I kinda maybe gotta detention," the brunette boy hesitantly said looking down.

"YOU GOT A DETENTION!" Jack shouted bursting into a loud fit of laughter. "YOU? Tyler Robert Joseph actually got a detention?!" Tyler looked like he was about to cry.

"Jack!" Pete moaned nudging him roughly in his side. Jack covered his mouth with his sleeve to muffle his laughter.

"How'd it happen?" Asked Jenna.

"Well," Tyler began looking over at me and brendon sternly. "If you really want to know, blame them." He said gesturing over to us.

"Josh, Brendon what did you do?!"

" Uuuh." Said brendon trying to ignore his boyfriend's giggling. "Me and Josh were- OH MY GOD SHUT UP RYAN." Brendon said annoyed when Ryan would not stop. But that only caused him to laugh more. "I honestly don't understand how I stand you sometimes," He said pushing the giggling boy off his lap.

Jenna sighed and looked over at me expectantly waiting for me to explain what happened as Brendon was clearly distracted.

"So uh," I said running a hand through my purple hair which was fading out. I should probably go to get it re-dyed soon. I'm thinking maybe blue or red. " Me and Brendon may have pressured Tyler into throwing little paper balls across the classroom, causing one to hit Mr. Chives on the head."

Jack and Alex burst out laughing while Pete snorted loudly choking on his drink. Patrick shook his head disapprovingly with a small smile playing at his lips and Brendon bit his bottom lip embarrassed. Tyler however looked sad. But not a 'disappointed in himself sad' , but more of a 'extremely worried sad'.

I noticed the way he looked down playing with his hands and chewing on his top lip. He looked scared. But I didn't plan on questioning him though, well, not yet at least.

We all kept on chattering until it was nearly the end of lunch, that's when Debby and Melanie came.

"Where have you guys been? Lunch is nearly over." Asked Jenna.

"Sorry , we were busy." Debby replied.

"We had gotten our lunches but then remembered that we hadn't done the homework for next lesson." Said Melanie.

"So we had to go down to the library to do it." Debby said.

" because y'know, we didn't want to get detentions." Added Melanie.

Jack snorted and tried to stop himself from laughing, "Like Tyler."

"Wait what?!" Debby spoke confused, "Tyler? You got a detention. Omg I swear you've never had one before." She said both amused and shocked at the same time.

Tyler sighed and rolled his eyes, "Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?"

"Because you're like the goodie-goodie who never gets in trouble." Alex responded.

"Yeah, like the teachers pet," Jack said smirking.

"Anyway," I cut in noticing how Tyler was seeming upset again, "we should get going to class, don't wanna be late. Amirite."

Everyone nodded picking up their bags and getting up to leave. Tyler being one of the quickest to get out. I managed to catch up to him though .

"Hey you okay?" I asked as we walked together. He just nodded looking down.
"You know I'm really sorry."
He kept silent.

"You seem distressed."

"I'm fine." Tyler replied firmly.

"But you seem worried about something." I said concerned.

He paused and let a long breath out. "My parents are just kinda strict."

"Kinda?"

"Okay really strict, and they'd be seriously mad if they found out."

I looked at him reassuringly, "Don't worry. It will be fine."

He looked up at me and smiled slightly then we entered the class and took our seats.

I couldn't really concentrate much on what the teacher was saying. My guilt was eating me alive. The whole time this single question was going through my brain.

What did he mean by really strict?