15. Basketball Boys

A/n: my mum is trying to make me go on diet but i don't think its working out. She's also not letting me eat nutella :( Apparently to her, I eat too much unhealthy food, which is not true because i just ate a apple.

Also my parents are signing me up for therapy and counseling sessions, which I'm not too sure about. I don't need someone to tell me that there's something wrong with me when I already know :(

Josh's Pov:

It was nearing the end of the school day and I had just had a conversation with Brendon. He had told me that I should try out for the basketball team since he's seen me play and I'm apparently quite good. Him and Tyler are already in the team and have been in for quite a few years now, but a few people have dropped out so they are looking for replacements. I just might end up being one of them.

Plus, another reason he wanted me to join is the fact that Tyler gets annoyed at me easily, and to Brendon it's hilarious. 

I made my way down to my locker to get my P.E. kit out. Brendon told me that he'd be waiting in the changing rooms for me.

I pushed the changing room doors open and the immediate stench of sweat came flooding  in through my nose. I gagged and covered my mouth with my sleeve, then looked up to see Brendon laughing along with a few other guys in there.

"Get used to it Josh," said Brendon, "It's never gonna get better."

"Can't this school afford to get air ventilation?" I questioned.

"Nah," this other guy said. "This school is way to corrupt on spending money for the teachers' lounge," the guy scoffed. Every one nodded their head in agreement.

I walked over to where there was  a space next to Brendon on the bench and set  my bags down there. The changing room doors the suddenly swung open and in walked Tyler. He grinned at everyone in the room but stopped when he saw me standing there.

"W-what are you d-doing in here?" The brunette boy stuttered in shock. He eyed me suspiciously. 

"Trying out for the team," I answered slightly amused at his expression. 

"What. like football?..or...."

"Basketball," I replied nonchalantly. 

Tyler's mouth fell open and his eyes widened."No," he said in disbelief, "No no no."

I just grinned nodding my head. Tyler's huffed and threw his head back in expiration. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope," I replied.

"You can't just do that!" Tyler said frustrated.

"Am I not allowed to join the team?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"No, Jooossshh," Tyler whined. "You can't."

"I can do whatever I want," I responded.

"Yes, you can do anything, but please don't join the team," he begged.

"I'm trying out and you can't do anything about it," I argued back.

"Please don't," Tyler said sighing and running a hand through his hair. "No Josh."

"Well I am."

"But-"

"Okay guys stop it," Brendon cut in. "Your arguing like a married couple."
A few of the other guys snickered while Tyler rolled his eyes. "Now both of you, go get changed," brendon ordered.

Tyler placed his bags on the bench opposite mine and started the pull out his kit. I started to do the same. Brendon and a few other guys were already finished so they went to the hall to start warming up, meaning me and Tyler were alone.