50. Basketballs

A/n: sorry I took long to update this, I've been really busy with family over Christmas.

This is also the last chapter :(

----------------------------

Josh's Pov:

Throughout the duration of the week I noticed how Tyler seemed quiet. The boy was oblivious to his surroundings; he did not pay attention in classes and in conversations was completely zoned out. It's as if he were in his own little world dragging him away from reality and into the depths of his mind. Tyler looked lost.

"Are you okay?" I asked as we walked down the school hall side by side. It was Friday and school had just finished.

"Yes," he replied staring at the students passing by. Jenna walked by with her hand locked with Chance's, the couple had recently started dating.

I sighed putting an arm around his waist and pulling him close to me. "No you're not. What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he mumbled pushing my arm away. I frowned looking at the boy sadly. "I've just been thinking too much."

"About what?" I questioned.

Pushing the falling hair away from his face, the brunette sighed. "Remember when I was offered that scholarship to that sports school," He began and I nodded. "Should I go?"

"If it makes you happy then yes," I replied with a shrug.

"But it's in L.A, Josh!" Tyler yelled flailing his arms, clearly confused and sad. This had obviously been stressing his mind out too much. "I wouldn't be able to see you or Brendon or Ryan or just any of my friends!"

My arms immediately pulled the upset boy towards me letting him rest his head against my chest as I rubbed soothing circles into his back. I could feel a wet patch on my shirt where Tyler's tears had soaked through but I didn't care, my arms just held Tyler even closer.

"I also came out to my dad," Tykler mumbled into my chest.

My eyes widened as I lifted up his chin so his eyes met mine. "Was he mad?" I questioned. Tyler nodded slowly.

"Baby," I hummed sadly pressing my lips upon his forehead. "Did he do anything to you?"

"He slapped me," the brunette muttered. "And that's it, apart from him ignoring me all week. I don't think that he wants me living in under the same roof as him."

"But he can't kick you out, can he?" I asked.

Tyler shrugged in response. "I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I feel as if he's trying to get rid of me some how, I'm not sure."

Sighing, I picked Tyler up bridal style causing him to squeak. Then carried him out of the school gates ignoring the stares and whistles from other students (not mentioning any names *cough* Brendon *cough*)

Tyler's hands clung onto my shirt as he smiled into my chest with a burning heat radiating off his flushed and freckled cheeks. His perfectly sloped nose dug into my body with the sun making his skin appear golden in the light.

A smile tugged at my lips as I smiled down at the boy in my arms. How did I manage to get so lucky?

The bus drove by the stop so we got on and seated ourselves at the back, placing our school bags down on the seats next to us as there was hardly anyone on board.

There was not a word on the journey home, we just sat in silence. But it wasn't an awkward silence, it was peaceful and I felt content with my arm around Tyler.