Chapter 4

Four - Open Up?

*---*

"Yojeung!"

Yojeung snapped her head to the direction of where the voice came from, only to see Maeji sitting on the bleachers frantically waving her hand at her. Yojeung waved her hand back before making her way to her.

"Hi."

"Hey." Yojeung sat beside her and noticed that their classmates were all scattered around the area.

"I thought I was late." She mumbled as she continued watching everyone fool around.

"Yup. But our P.E. coach isn't around yet. Lucky for you." Maeji grinned and nudged her teasingly. Yojeung just gave her a small smile.

"So, what have you been up to?" Maeji asked, facing Yojeung's side. "Tell me what happened to you this weekend. We weren't able to see each other for so long."

"It was just three days Maeji." Yojeung deadpanned.

Maeji grinned. "So, can you tell me?"

"There's nothing that happened to me really. Those are just normal days." Yojeung answered while she opened her water bottle and drank a small amount. "What about you? You weren't around last Friday."

"We don't have classes every Friday." Maeji informed her,, making Yojeung nod her head.

Looking at Yojeung right now, Maeji can't help but smile seeing that she can now make Yojeung talk more often. Days kept passing by and giving up was never in her vocabulary. She still kept trying to make Yojeung accept her as her friend. Yes, Yojeung was still that loner girl who preferred to be alone and a bit cold to everybody, but at least Maeji can say that somehow, she was able to thaw a small amount of Yojeung's heart.

She still doesn't really know why she urged herself to do this, but being the determined girl that she is, once her goal is set, no one can stop her. But looking at Yojeung's situation, she was guessing it was because she can see in Yojeung a part of who she used to be. She had the same situation as her.

A loner.

So like what the Hellions made her realize, she will also make Yojeung realize how it feels to have a friend that will always be beside you and never leave your side.

And just like what she did to Gwen, no matter how much she pushes Maeji away, she will still do everything for them to become friends.

"What are you all doing during Fridays?"

Maeji was instantly caught off guard by her question. It was an information she can't tell to anybody; something that only the Hellions and their animas should know.

"Oh nothing. Just the usual, gathering together and having the moments of our lives." She answered. That was true though. She just left out what really happens whenever they gather altogether during Fridays.

The whistle of their coach was abruptly heard, signaling them that the P.E. class is about to start. Just like the rest of the students, the two stood up and headed to their own positions.

________________________________________

Alone under a tree at the field, Yojeung let herself be embraced by the tree's shade and its peaceful surrounding. All the classes has ended and the school was getting emptier and emptier by each tick of the clock. She let the calm wind sooth her mind and the swaying of the grass to entertain her.

As she took something out of her pocket, the wolf-shaped pin came into her view.

For several times now, she studied the pin again and again. It was the first time she saw such a pin. It was really nice and unique that it made her think it was worth to have and keep for herself.