Chapter 42

Forty two - A fight to save you

*-----*

"What happened? Did you find her?"

"She's not there!"

"I can't find her!"

"Not there either!"

"Everyone!!" Baekhyun and Luhan shouted simultaneously as they ran their way to them. "Something is happening in the sea!"

"What's happening?" Gwen asked worriedly.

"Maybe that's the cause of the wind changing abruptly. I felt it." Sehun mumbled.

"OUT! EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM HERE! NOW!" They heard Tao shouting from a distance.

"YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!" Xiumin shouted after, his hands shaking, telling them to move.

"Come on, let's go." Maeji then encouraged everyone to move but Sam wouldn't budge.

"Where are we going? We haven't found Yojeung yet!" he exclaimed, his british accent stronger than before. He cannot leave the place without having Yojeung with them.

"Please. We have to go. It's dangerous." Lay calmly explained in English.

"No! We have to get Yojeung before leaving this place! I can't leave now without her! She might be in danger too!" Sam exclaimed, attempting to go but Kai and Chanyeol held him in place.

"Please understand. Let's get you to safety first." Lay pleaded.

"We have to get Yojeung first okay? I---" he was immediately silenced when D.O hit Sam at the back of his head using the back of his hand. Instantly, he lost his consciousness.

"Let's get moving. Something is definitely happening." D.O emotionlessly stated as he also left, not even realizing how scared and speechless Chanyeol and Kai became when they witnessed what he did to Sam with just his hand in a single blow.

"Let's not get into his bad side, okay?" Kai asked Chanyeol.

"That would be our safest choice." Chanyeol answered before they left, carrying poor Sam with them.

"Tao, tell me what's happening!" Maeji demanded, worry entirely lacing her words.

When Tao made sure they were in a safe distance already, he started explaining. "Yojeung fell off the cliff straight through the sea. She fell directly on the whirlpool that formed."

Maeji gasped, not believing what she heard. She looked at Xiumin for confirmation, wishing she heard it wrong but his expression already resonated the answer she's seeking for.

"That can't be. I mean... Why is she... Is it..."

"She's alive, don't worry." Tao reassured, thinking Maeji might get the wrong idea. "We have other things to worry about like Yojeung herself."

"What do you mean?" Maeji asked, bewildered.

A huge unnatural wave suddenly formed and was aimed at them. Tao then grabbed Maeji's hand and ran towards the side, dodging the attack.

"That is what I mean!" he said. "The Yojeung we know is nowhere. She’s currently out of control."

"Oh my gosh!" a gasp caught their attention. Their eyes averted to the trees and saw Inha standing there, statued in too much shock.

"Inha!"

"Get out of here! It's dangerous for you!" Xiumin screamed.

"Maeji, help Inha get to safety. But don't tell the others. We'll handle this. Go!" Tao asked gently, his eyes pleading.