Chapter 39

Thirty Nine - Happy Birthday Yojeung!

*-----*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOJEUNG!"

Her lazy droopy eyes widened as she heard them cheerfully greet her. Her sleepy eyes scanned the surroundings and landed on the small clock on her side table that says it is 12:01am in the midnight.

Haru gently woke her up that midnight. As she opened her eyes, it was what greeted her along with the sound of party poppers and a birthday song. Seolji happily placed a birthday hat on her as Kijun showed her the cake with the candle. Xiumin also held his IPad that showed their parents Minyoung and Seojun in a video call. Their smiling faces were shown and both of them also wore birthday hats on their heads.

"Happy birthday Yojeung!"

"Me?" Yojeung yawned. "Oh okay."

"Blow the candle!" Maeji excitedly suggested.

Yojeung lazily blowed before she immediately dropped herself back on her bed.

"Oh common Yojeung! It's your birthday!" Haru said and took her hand, attempting to wake her again.

"Yeah... Happy birthday to me." she grumbled, placing her face on her pillows.

"Please celebrate with us." Lay asked with a cute pair of puppy eyes.

Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun then started bouncing up and down the side of Yojeung's bed that got Yojeung pissed. She was trying to go back to sleep and here they are.

"KIIIIIM YOJEEEUUUUUUUUNGG! IREONAAAAAAA!"

And the three made unidentified noises. Chen screamed in a very high note, Baekhyun shouting like Tarzan, Chanyeol turning anything around him into a noisy instrument.

"There's no use stopping these three whenever they get combined. I'm sorry Yojeung." Gwen apologized. She knew very well that this was so going into Yojeung's nerves; that is why she was trying to apologize and minimize her annoyance as much as possible knowing that the trio was unstoppable when it comes to annoying people.

Yojeung groaned and sat back. She even pushed Baekhyun out of her bed.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! DAMN THIS!" Yojeung screamed in English. That made the three immediately stop.

"Did she just..."

"Yeah she did..."

"She said..."

Haru laughed awkwardly. "Guys let's--"

"She cursed!" Baekhyun gasped. "And she pushed me out of her bed."

"What I hate the most is being awakened by something noisy. Keep that in mind." Yojeung threatened in korean before hastily taking her comforter off and went in her bathroom, slamming the door in the process.

Seolji laughed awkwardly this time. "Uhh... Sorry. Yojeung really grew up hating noisy things and hated being awakened by loud noises."

Kijun chuckled as a memory abruptly clicked in his head. "She even slammed an alarm clock to pieces and cursed when Gab pranked him before. It took him two days before they were okay again. She curses when she’s awakened in a bad way."

Xiumin chuckled. He knew this trait very well. It was from their mother who also hates alarm clocks. Yojeung probably got it from her. But Yojeung's version seemed a little harsher than their mom's version.

Everyone left the room by then to let Yojeung cool down but then one thing caught Suho's attention that made him stay in the room. Seeing that he stayed, Xiumin chose to stay as well.