Chapter 8

Eight - On your side

*-----*

"I'm really sorry for what happened tonight."

"How many times do I have to tell you, Xiumin? You shouldn't be saying those words." Said Yojeung for the nth time already.

"Still, sorry. I just can't help it. I didn't want the night to turn out like that." Xiumin reasoned, sighing as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Let's just go." She stated before unbuckling her seatbelt. Xiumin did the same. He went out of the car first and ran towards Yojeung's side to open the car door for her. "Thanks."

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Xiumin asked, not bothering to mask his worried face.

"Of course. Wanna get in for a while?" Yojeung offered after opening the gate of her house.

"Is that okay with you?" Xiumin asked, making sure it was fine for Yojeung to let him in. He was a guy entering a woman's house anyway, plus the fact that Yojeung lives there alone.

"Am I going to ask you if it wasn't?" She raised an eyebrow.

Xiumin can't help but let out a small chuckle before deciding to get in. He was relieved that Yojeung still treats him fine and that they were still okay. Yet, he was scared of the possible aftershocks that may take place after this night's unexpected turn of events.

His mind was actually disheveled. So disheveled that he doesn't know what to do to manage everything, make things right and keep it in order. He didn't want what happened between him and Tao. But never did he ever feel even a single grain of regret of what he did. It was a battle between their fully grown brotherhood and the bud of a soon-to-bloom friendship.

'I can now totally understand why Maeji is being protective of Yojeung.' He told himself.

Something inside him makes him like this. As if it was based purely on his instincts that he has to be protecting this woman in all cost. Yojeung indeed has different effects on people. Unfortunately, her effect on Tao wasn't to his liking.

---

"Why do you have this wolf-shaped pin?"

"Hey!" Yojeung snapped and tried to grab it from Tao, but he was fast enough to swerve it away from Yojeung's reach being taller than the latter. "Give me that!"

"This is not yours." Tao said through gritted teeth.

"Are you saying it's yours then?" Yojeung raised her eyebrow.

"No, but I know for sure that this does not belong to you." Tao growled, and everyone could almost feel the air turn dead. Tao's aura was shifting into what the other Hellions don't want to encounter as much as possible, but Yojeung was still too stubborn to back down.

"What the heck Tao! If you want it that bad then just tell me."

"You weren't supposed to have this. Tell me, how long have you been keeping this?"

"Why do you even care so much? Why, what's so special about that?" Yojeung stated sarcastically, but Tao wasn't taking it as a joke.

He was silent for a moment before his gaze turned dark.

"You don't have to know," was what he simply said. It was like a straight stab to Yojeung-that they may have known each other for a while already, but that doesn't mean they already trust her. She was almost offended, but then she realized that they weren't friends.