Chapter 16

Sixteen - Past (pt. 1)

*-----*

"Where have you been?"

He exclaimed at his younger sister in front him. He had been searching for her for more than an hour already, and here he found her in this state where her beautiful light pink dress that was once neat, now dirty. Her shoes cannot be recognized as 'white' shoes anymore since it was so muddy. And her cute little face was now filled with dirt.

The younger lad pouted and lowered her head upon hearing his brother's approach. She wasn't expecting to receive this reaction. Her eyes went teary because of that. All she just wanted was to hug his brother for a moment.

"Sorry." He apologized when he noticed her reaction. "You got me worried, did you know that? I have been looking for you everywhere."

"I got lost." She replied with a small voice, still teary. "I'm sorry oppa. Don't be mad."

He sighed and hugged his sister just as a tear fell from her eyes. He felt bad for raising his voice on her a while ago. He should have known better than to make his sister cry.

"Next time, don't go anywhere without me okay? Don't ever leave me again."

She nodded her small head that was resting on his chest while her small arms were encircled around his brother's waist. "I got scared."

"Shh... It's okay."

"What if I got lost again?"

"Didn't I tell you not to leave me again? If you're with me, you won't be lost."

"Please..." she pouted as she look up to her brother's eyes, "Tell me what you will do."

"Then I'm going to look for you." He smiled down at her and continued. "Wherever you are, I'm going to find you. One way or another. Wherever you are, even if it's very much further away, I will still be able to find you. All you have to do is wait for me. Understand?"

She smiled widely and nodded her head, happy to hear his brother's answer.

~

It was early morning that day and Suho woke up earlier than he usually does. To kill the time, he decided to do his morning routine and get ready to school already so he can just go to school by walking his way there. At the same time, he will be able to exercise his feet by having a morning walk.

Killing two birds with one stone.

However, one thing surprised him. He never thought that he will be able to see Yojeung do the same thing. The fog was still thick since it was still early in the morning but he can still make out Yojeung's silhouette walking the same street he took that would lead them both to their university. He was guessing, it was what Yojeung always does if his cousin didn't drive her to school.

Slowly, he lessened their distance until she was within his arm's reach and decided to play a little prank on her.

"Aaaahh!" Yojeung squealed and immediately held the hands that were covering her eyes. She felt a warm presence behind her and heard a familiar manly chuckle.

"Guess who?" He whispered.

Being familiar with the voice and the masculine scent of his familiar perfume she can smell at their proximity, she was able to distinguish who it was.

"Suho."

They laughed a little before Suho let go of his hands and walked side by side with Yojeung. "Do you mind me walking with you?" He asked, looking at her side profile.