Chapter 21

A little endorsement before I begin. For those who didn't know yet, another Hellion Brothers Substory has been published entitled "Verglass" created by our friend xxSecretChocolatexx  Please check it out. You'll like it for sure😊

Okay let's proceed...

Twenty One - Follow your heart

*-----*

The last friday of the month has come and as expected, everyone gathered at the Hellion's Den for their monthly training.

Today was scheduled for the Lee family so somehow, Xiumin was at ease that he doesn't have to lie to Yojeung if ever she asks why he cannot join them. They all agree that this is not yet the right time for her to know about the world they live in. And because training is mandatory, he was required to come.

Throughout the day, the training went well. Most of it though was about helping Inha acquire her ability since she was the newest member. Like everyone did before, she struggled. Yet, with the help of her anima, Lay, and even Haru, she somehow survived. Everyone felt proud of seeing her work hard to be able to do well. From time to time, they can't help but awe at the sight whenever D.O encourages Inha and how he makes her blush from some random compliments he throws at her just so she wouldn't feel too pressured.

Meanwhile, there was Suho on the corner wearing a blank face, contrary to what his mind's current state was. He watched them. More specifically Xiumin. He kept thinking--the thing he had been doing for the whole week--about how things went between him and Yojeung that he managed to take her out and made her smile the way she did that moment.

He let out a deep sigh before encouraging himself to do something he also thought of for the week. He doesn't know if it's a good idea, but he was willing to do so. He can't hide it anymore.

The day reached twilight time and the training finally ended. One by one, the members left. Before Xiumin did, Suho came to him and asked if he could spare him some of his time to talk. The latter willingly agreed so they let the others go and be left behind.

"What is it you wanted to talk about that you want to talk to me privately?" Xiumin started with a warm aura, patting a seat next to him for Suho to take.

"Nothing too serious hyung. I just wanted to admit one thing. I think I can only say it to you so I chose to talk to you about it than anyone else." Suho answered as he took the seat Xiumin offered to him.

"Is that a compliment? 'Cause I'm going to take it as one." Xiumin said with a hint of humor in which Suho scoffed.

"Yeah fine. Take it as one." They chuckled for a bit until silence filled them. Suho sighed as he recollected all the courage he had that seemed to disperse the moment they sat beside each other. This somehow caught Xiumin's attention.

"Are you okay? You seem bothered." He asked with worry laced in his voice. Suho nodded with a smile and although he did not buy it, Xiumin let it slide. "So, what is it you want to tell me?"

"May I ask you something first?" Suho asked. Xiumin nodded confusedly. "Do you like Yojeung?"

Xiumin's small eyes widened in surprise before letting out a small chuckle. "What made you ask that?"

"I wanted to know hyung."

"And why would you? It's not like are a thing or something. You don't have to worry about it."