Chapter 38

Thirty Eight - Back to Britain

*-----*

"Good Morning Yojeung."

Seolji smiled, looking at her lovingly. "How is your sleep?"

"It's fine, I guess." Yojeung simply answered.

A little late last night, Yojeung arrived safely in Britain. Seolji and Kijun weren't noticed of this beforehand that when they received her call, they urgently went to the airport to fetch their adopted daughter.

"Sam arrived just now. He’s downstairs waiting for you." she said in English. Yojeung gave her a curt nod.

"Please tell him to wait, Mom. I'll be downstairs in a minute." she replied as she took herself out of the bed.

Seolji bid her goodbye shortly after and told her that breakfast is ready. Yojeung changed her nightgown into a loose shirt and a pair of shorts. She combed her hair to make it look better and made sure she looked presentable before coming downstairs to meet Sam.

"You decided to come after all." Sam pat her head after greeting each other. "I was expecting you wouldn't."

"I can't. No matter how much I try avoiding this, it's useless." she simply answered.

Both of them headed towards the dining area. "So, what's your plan?" Sam asked.

Yojeung can't help but sigh, grabbing a glass full of water and gulped it in one go. Her mouth was so dry and she was very thirsty when she woke up feeling as if she haven't consumed an amount of water for months.

"I don't know." she answered quietly, refilling her glass.

Sam nodded understandingly. A few seconds of silence came by before Sam broke the silence again by asking a question that caught Yojeung off guard.

"What made you come back? If you don't mind me knowing."

A lot. Yojeung wanted to answer.

These unsettling feelings in her chest. The guilt that keeps on eating her up. The pain and deep longing that she tried burying but still kept on arising. The regret in her heart that had kept her from moving forward. The memories that had her keep holding on and continue staying in the past for she was still there with him.

The selfish wish she had until now that maybe one day, he will be back. Healthy, happy and alive.

Yojeung was still with Gab.

"Gab." was all she shortly answered instead. No matter how much she tried hiding the pain she feels, it was her soulless eyes that gave away the truth that she was still empty, shattered and broken.

Sam was able to see this and it saddened him. When he went to Korea and met her, he was sure he saw that she improved. But now that she came back, the past Yojeung came back with her.

Was she right saying she wasn't really healed yet?

Were Minseok and Suho not able to somehow fill the hole in her heart?

Yojeung held the glass tightly in her hands. All this mixed emotions she had inside her were all racing to come out, begging to be noticed and let out. She wanted to scream, to cry, to mourn and all but they were all racing inside her that she didn't know what to do. The longer she stayed like that, the tighter she held the glass.

Crack...

Crack...

"AAAHHH!"

Yojeung abruptly screamed at the unexpected pain she felt which caught her off guard. She looked down on her hands only to see that it was badly wounded and a huge amount of blood came oozing out of it. The glass was broken to pieces and the water was mixed with some of her blood. In too much shock, she just watch her blood come out the wound. Pain now long gone.