Chapter 15

Fifteen - Possible

*-----*

"Appa!"

The older lad smiled as he watched his daughter approach him. "Yes my baby girl?"

"Look what eomma gave me." The young girl showed him a handkerchief with her nickname sewed on it, also showing off her gummy smile. She mumbled out a cute "Tada~" for more effects, making her look too adorable for her own good.

Chuckling at his cute little muffin of a daughter, he lifted her off the ground and swayed her in the air together with him.  Hearing her laugh because of him was already a big blessing he was willing to receive, even with whatever consequences it may require.

"Why do you have to be so adorable that it hurts?"

"But I'm not hurting you. I will never do that!"

"Promise?" He asked and took his pinky finger, showing it to his daughter who was curently residing in his arms. The young girl let out her pearly whites again and tangled her petite pinky finger along with his father's strong and big one.

"Promise."

~

"That's her."

Not too far from where they parked their car, a woman coming out the gate of her house came into their view. However, since only her side was facing them and they were still quite far from the area, they cannot clearly see the face of the woman they were looking at.

"This is also the first time I checked what they look like." Jongki said. "So I'm not yet familiar with them aside from the pictures I have."

"What made you take their case?" Yojeung asked coldly, her gaze focused on the woman not too far from them.

"Because their case was also close. This is even closer than the Jang couple."

"And you didn't inform me?"

Jongki sighed before shifting in his seat to face Yojeung. "I'm sorry. I know I shoud have. But I just wanted to make sure first before letting you know. I didn't want to give you something to hold onto only to have your hope broken again."

"I am aware of that oppa!" Yojeung hissed. "I wouldn't be joining your search if I knew I can't handle it. So that's not an excuse for you to keep it from me."

"I know. And I'm sorry." Jongki sincerely apologized.

Yojeung inhaled sharply before facing Jongki too. "So what made you consider their case?"

Jongki's face turned serious before taking out the folders they brought with them. He gave it to Yojeung for her to have a look at it.

"I got this case the morning after we found you drunk. The prosecutor that I talked to a while ago was the one who gave me this. There were actually 3 files since they received 3 lost child cases around Donghae district by May that year.

"I chose this because as you can see at the initial report, the parents lost their four-year-old daughter at Donghae district on May 9. And Auntie found you the next day. The only contradiction is that they were at the East part while Auntie found you at the South.

"Their search went on for more than three years. They never wanted to stop specially Mrs. Kim Minyoung. She keep asking for a search party until Mr. Kim Seojeung decided to cut it off because they still found nothing even after years of searching. The police declared the case to be closed. Though a few months after, Mrs. Kim was still consulting from time to time."