Chapter 12

Twelve - Thank You

*-----*

A sigh escaped her lips.

The weekends have passed and so the school days have come back. Yojeung was at the school's grandstand, sitting alone at the cemented stairs while she watched everyone scattered on that open area.

It has been twenty minutes past and still, she hasn't seen that one person she wanted to see. She was actually looking forward of meeting that person today because she wanted to do something. She had contemplated about this yesterday for several times until finally, she decided to go for it. She doesn't want to have a debt with anyone anymore.

Feeling the warm breeze caress her skin, she closed her eyes. Something about today made her feel contented and she wondered about it. There was this feeling that something was about to happen that day.

As she closed her eyes, it abruptly felt peaceful. Eerily peaceful. Like everything around her was immediately shut down, shushing the noise of the surroundings and the volume of the nature's whispers was turned off. It felt like she was suddenly left alone in the dark.

Along the deafening silence, a droplet of water hollered, echoing slightly. A single droplet followed by another. And there comes another with another. She furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity.

Opening her eyes, she was now back into reality. The distant talking and shouting of the students were once again heard. The wind still caressed her skin as the leaves and grasses swayed at the unheard melody only for them to hear. Yet, upon opening her eyes, she spotted the figure of a man she had been wanting to see today. A leap of nervousness--or excitement, perhaps—swarmed down her chest.

"Finally Suho, you showed up!" Yojeung muttered as she grabbed her things and hurried down the cemented stairs, instantly forgetting that confusing moment earlier. On the distance, she can see Suho walking alone. Not wanting to add up the distance between them, she called out his name that successfully earned his attention, and even the other bystanders.

"Yojeung?" He whispered to himself, confusion flooding his mind. Why would she approach him? Nothing came to his mind as an answer. Seeing Yojeung run up to him immediately warmed his heart. He decided to run to her too so he could lessen their distance and to have Yojeung reach him earlier.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hi." She greeted back.

"What's up?" He asked, wanting to know why Yojeung came up to him.

"I..." she cleared her throat before looking down for a bit. "Uhm... I just wanted to..."

"To?"

"Well..."

Suho smiled after seeing her so nervous. "It's okay. Tell me."

"I just wanted to thank you." Yojeung looked up to him in the eye that captivated him; jailed him to her. "I... I must have dialed the wrong number and called you instead of my cousin. It's not like I have a lot of contacts in my phone but I really didn't mean to call you or get drunk either—I mean it was just a few glasses—but... It was a bit embarrassing but umm..."

Yojeung's eyes were restless but never met his eyes, as she was probably embarrassed that she was rambling too much.

"But... well... I'm kinda thankful that it was you I accidentally called at least..."