Chapter 7: I'd Lie

I could tell you, his favorite color's green
He likes to argue, born on the 17th
His sister's beautiful, he has his father's eyes
If you ask me if I love him, I'd lie

My mother just called me to let me know that she is having dinner outside with a friend. She didn't have to tell who she is with but I am pretty sure it's Tom. She told me to just order something for me to eat. And I told her that I might just have pizza delivered to our house. Although, I am not hungry, which is strange cause I didn't get to eat anything at lunch earlier. I have been having some weird feeling inside my stomach like something is turning inside, but it wasn't the bad kind, it was the good kind, which is strange and confuses the hell out of me.

Also, I have informed my mom that Harry is coming over for some tutoring sessions. She was even happy that I was helping our neighbor. My mom and his mom are quite getting along as I have seen them giving each other small talks in the backyard.

Speaking of Harry, he is coming by any minute which causes my heart to skip a beat and feel the good turn in my stomach. I don't get what is happening to me. But I am pretty excited about him coming over to our house, which is strange as this isn't the first time that I am tutoring someone. Well, this is the first time that I am tutoring someone's arm covered with tattoos, he also has nice brown curls for a guy and a beautiful pair of green eyes. Oh my God! What is happening to me? I just said he has beautiful eyes. Stop it, Taylor! I shake my head. You don't have a crush on him. He just moved in next door not over a week ago. And where did the word crush even come from?

My thoughts were interrupted by the knock on the door. This is him, I know since he is the only person I am expecting tonight.

I made a glance at myself in the mirror. I am wearing a pair of yoga pants my mom's sister gave me when she visited us last fall, a yellow Big Bird T-shirt with a Wake Forest High School jacket I used when we entered the Quiz Bee competition two years ago. I took my ponytail off letting my blonde curls down before I ran on the door.

Three deep breaths were taken before I opened the door for him.

"Hey!" I almost squeaked as I saw him standing on our front door wearing a white shirt, as usual, a pair of black tight jeans as usual, but this time he put on a black leather jacket and a green beanie. He just looks marvelous. What is happening to me?

"Are you going to let me in?" He chuckled.

My face heat in embarrassment.

"C-come in," I said trying to compose myself.

After letting him get inside the house, I closed the front door and followed him into the living room.

"This is a nice house," he commented as his eyes scanned the room.

My heart jumps upon hearing his compliment. "Thank you," I tell him. "By the way, my mom is getting home late, so it was just us here and Olivia," I said as I point out Olivia, lying on the couch, eyes closed.

"That's scary!" He said as he settled himself on the couch. His hands are inside the pocket of his jacket. "Being here with you alone might give you some unusual thoughts." He then said.

I cocked my eyebrow, "What?" I asked in high pitch.

He gave me a sweet smile which causes my stomach to flutter. "Well, I am afraid that you might try to force yourself in me, like rape me," he said with a serious expression on his face.

My cheeks flushed. I can feel my face getting warm? I might have strange feelings towards him which even I can't explain but raping him never crossed my mind. I looked down not sure how to respond.