Chapter 18: Our Song

Our song is the slamming screen door
Sneakin' out late tapping on your window
When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
Cause it's late and your mama don't know

My heart is jumping in joy as I reached our house. Harry had to hitchhike with the pizza guy so he could get my car from the school. The reality of Harry and I being together still hasn't sunk into me yet. I feel like I am floating in the room and my heart is trying to get out from my chest.

On my way to my room I noticed the light coming from my mother's room. It's only 5pm and my mom doesn't go home until 6pm. I walked towards her room and her door is slightly open. Pushing the door a bit, I saw my mom lying on her bed with her eyes closed.

"Mom?" I called out.

She opened her eyes and turned her head to looked over at me. She was still wearing her work clothes.

"Hey sweetie, I didn't hear your car," she said as she sits up and rested her back on the headboard. I sat beside her.

"I rode with Harry," I tell her. "You're home early," I said.

"I got a bit of a headache so I cut my shift short," she mumbled as she slightly closes her eyes.

Mom is a very hardworking woman, ever since she and Dad divorced, she decided that she would want to reinvent herself in making use of her Accountancy degree. But even though her work gets to keep her busy she is still do not forget me. She makes sure that I get to eat something healthy and support me with my school activities.

"I can cook dinner," I volunteered. My phone suddenly rang. I took it out of my jeans pocket to check who it was.

It was text message from Harry that says: [Got your car Swift, driving it back now. I've missed you - H]

My cheeks flush from just reading a simple text message from him. The butterflies in my stomach are dancing again, it's only him who can make me feel this way. I bit my lip trying to hide the excitement that I know is very much obvious on my face.

"Who was that?" Mom asked. I didn't notice that my mom is staring at me suspiciously. I suddenly didn't know what to say to her. Actually, I haven't decided if I should tell her about Harry and I. How will she react? She was very vocal on that she is on Niall's team but I have no feelings for Niall the way that I do for Harry.

"It's Harry," I whispered.

"Is there something that you wanna tell me?" I looked up to meet her gaze. Her eyes are telling me she knows that I am sort of hiding something from her.

I bowed my head down, if there's one person who knows me well, its my mom. My heart and mind are fighting if I should tell her about Harry and I. My mind tells me that its too early to tell her and she might get mad at me but my heart tells me that I shouldn't keep anything from her and just trust her instead. And this makes me very confused, I have never been in this situation and I have never imagined that I will be in one because being in a relationship with someone as good looking as Harry Styles never crosses my mind. Not even once.

Taking a deep breath and looked up to her clueless on what to say.

"You and Harry are together." She said, it wasn't a question nor she wasn't confirming it either. It felt like she just knows and I don't know who told her. Did someone from school call her and told her about the 'kiss' in the locker area? If someone did that is very very embarrassing. It's not that I'll be ashamed to be seen with Harry but the thought of my mom knowing that infamous 'kiss' from another person is excruciating. At least on my part.