Chapter 24: The Other Side of the Door Part 2

In the heat of the fight
I walk away
Ignoring words that you were saying
Tryna make me stay

Today is thanksgiving and I couldn't quite hide the excitement that all build up inside my chest. Apart from fourth of July, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Although, for years I have spent it only with my mom, this year it's very special. I know cause Aunt Mary and Liam are here, Anne is here, Tom will be joining us too and of course this is the first Thanksgiving where I'll be celebrating it with my boyfriend. The word boyfriend makes me blush. 

Getting up super early is an understatement. I didn't sleep at all. I was awake all night couldn't stop myself imagining how the day will turn out. I also went to bed late last cause I had to finish making the dough for the pie today. Aunt Mary stayed with me and helped me out. It was nice to talk to her. She even gave me advices on how to make a relationship work. Aunt Mary is like a mom to me. I love her and she loves me. She also told me stories about Liam's dad when he was still trying to win her over. 

At lunch mom and Aunt Mary had to do last minute shopping as they last minute made changes on their menu for tonight. Liam had to drive them to make sure they go home on time. Sometimes they get too happy shopping and tends to forget the time. Having Liam with them will help them remember they have a dinner to prepare for. 

Being alone in the house I decided to finish making my pie. I decided to settle for the traditional pumpkin pie. Every year we get to buy our pies in the famous bakery downtown but since this Thanksgiving is different, I have volunteered to make a pie instead. I am turning eighteen next month so I should start learning how to cool and this pumpkin pie here will be my first masterpiece. 

While my squash is boiling over low heat, Harry came knocking on our front door. I wasn't expecting him to come this early since we agreed that he should get as much rest as he can so he will feel better later at dinner. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt paired with his black tight jeans and white converse. He also wears a green beanie.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask him in a low voice.

He pulled me in a tight embrace. "I've missed you," he whispers.

A smile creeps on my face. I've missed him too. Pulling him into the kitchen, he sat on one of the bar stools.

"All set?" He asks and I gave him a slight nod. "I'm sorry you had to go to the supermarket alone yesterday," he mumbled while I checked on the squash.

The squash were just perfectly cooked. "It's fine, Liam went with me," I answered and turned the heat off.

"Liam again," he says.

I glanced at him and I noticed his lips turned into a thin line. Is he upset again? He seems to be a little moody lately but maybe it's because of his illness.

"Why are you always with that Liam?" He asks in an irritated voice.

I walked to him, "Liam is family," I tell him. Is he jealous with Liam?

His face turned even sour.

"There's nothing you should be jealous about Liam, he's family, he's like a brother to me," I said to him.