THREE

Carrington Hill

I got myself together the best as I could after I brushed my teeth quickly considering I took a nap and I had a weird taste in my mouth. I changed out of my bikini into a pair of comfortable shorts and a loose t-shirt which I kind of tucked into my bottoms then I put my hair up in a ponytail and pulled a few strands of hair out at the two sides of my face. I was still half asleep and didn't even know how I was going to get to the dinner place.

With my phone in my hand and my mind as put together as it could be, I tried my best. I really did. But I always got distracted by certain things on my way to the rest of the group, not to mention the huge mirror which was hung on the wall as I walked through an open building. I couldn't help myself when I took a mirror selfie in it and posted it on snapchat. Mia being the loyal friend that she is, she was the first one to see it and soon my phone was ringing, asking where I was.

Then finally, after like half an hour since I had been woken up, I made an appearance. The restaurant was open like you could just walk under the roof thingy and you'd be in the restaurant. It had a great view of the sea if you sat close to it and it was really vibey as well. There were not a lot of people left at the table where my best friend was sitting but it wasn't entirely empty either. Mia was there and Aiden, plus some of the girls from Mia's family who are going to be the bridesmaids.

"Oh look who finally turned up," Aiden commented as soon as I sat down at the table. He was opposite to me and Mia was sitting next to him.

Everyone laughed at Aiden's words and I just rolled my eyes with a slight smile on my face. I put my phone on the table with the screen down as I rested my elbows on the edge of the table as well and looked around carefully. Family members surrounded me; Mia's mum being one of them on my left.

"Are you hungry, my love?" she asked me which to I just nodded then I quickly put my hand in front of my mouth as a yawn forced itself out of me. "I'll get you something to eat as I want another drink anyway. What would you like?"

"What food can I choose from?" I asked her as I wiped my eyes a little with the side of my index fingers. Whenever I yawned my eyes teared up and it sometimes made people around me think that I was crying.

"Anything you want, really," she told me. I discreetly looked around the table just to see what others had but then a waitress walked past with a pizza on a plate and I just knew what I wanted.

"Pizza it is," I told Linda. "Can you please get me one with ham, black olives, mushrooms, a bit of red onion if they have any and lots of cheese? If they have different kind of cheeses, just say all of them."

"Sure," she laughed as she got up. "Oh, would you like a cocktail or something to go with it?"

"Uh, can I get a glass of water and some kinda cocktail that has berries in it?"

"Yes. I'll be right back," she said then walked away.

When I looked back I saw Mia and Aiden talking to each other and everyone seemed to be having a great conversation. I felt utterly left out and I kinda wished I would've stayed in my room and just ordered room service.

"Harry, pal, this is Carrington," when I heard Aiden's voice a bit louder I automatically shot my head up to his direction, only later on realising what he was saying. "Carrington, this is Harry. He'll be my best man tomorrow and also your dance partner after mine and Mia's first dance."

I looked to the side just to find the man who I had been foolishly stalking on Instagram. It was so strange to see him in person, almost right next to me although that 'almost' became nothing as soon as he took a seat next to me.