TWENTY ONE

Harry Styles

It didn't take a lot for Carrington to make me stay for a few more hours although my intention was to literally drop her off and then hurry back home. I had a meeting at seven in the evening that day but once everything was put into perspective, spending time with the girl I liked seemed more important.

Once my text went through to my manager, Caitlin, about my whereabouts my attention was no longer focused on my mobile phone. Carrington was more interesting anyway – it was entertaining to see her throw all of her belongings on her bed out of the suitcase while she mumbled under her breath.

"I swear I have déjá vu," she told me as her head lifted and eyes stared into mine. My eyebrows lifted a bit, my forehead crinkled and waited for her to carry on. "I feel like we're back in Hawaii the night before we left and I was trying to pack my stuff. And you were just there, staring, not helping."

"Oh," I laughed. She shot a glare my way and I quickly shut up. "I'm too tired."

"I second that, but, I have no time to sleep," she sighed. "Sleep is for the weak anyway."

"That's hilarious coming from someone who's able to fall asleep anywhere at any time of the day because she loves sleeping so much."

"Well, what do you expect from me?" she asked back. I knew that a sarcastic comment was coming my way; I knew she was too nice to me downstairs. "I'm always surrounded by boring people who can't entertain me enough. It ain't my fault that I get sleepy."

"Excuse you, Hill," I said as I tried to sound as offended as I could although it really didn't affect me. Her words rolled off of me easily plus I knew she didn't mean them in a serious way.

"I'm stating the truth."

"More like an opinion, don't you think?"

"Nope," she said as she shook her head. "I only share facts, never opinions."

"Right, true, I'm sorry. My bad, her Majesty."

"Was about time you realise the lies that leave your mouth before it gets you in any trouble."

"What kind of trouble, Miss?" I asked her with a cheeky side smirk on my lips though it didn't seem like it did anything to her. She was either oblivious to it or she just decided to ignore me.

When it came to Carrington I never knew which one it was.

"You wouldn't want to know. Before I know it you could be off to the media to snitch on me and everything."

"I'd never do such thing!" I exclaimed for which I got an eye roll. I swear she was driving me crazy.

"Alright, you believe that. I'm busy chucking my stuff in the washing machine because unlike you I don't have a maid who does the dirty work for me."

"Do you actually know how to use the washing machine?" I asked her as I followed her through the house like a lost puppy. She didn't seem to mind which I was glad to come to terms with because spending my time with her was honestly the best way to have the planet spin around.

"I can try, can't I?" she asked me and she giggled a little. "Wait, how did you know I'm rubbish when it comes to controlling machines like this bad boy?"

"Uh, I didn't," I said. "I just guessed."

"Well, you guessed right," she laughed at me as she chucked the light coloured clothes in the hole of the washing machine and then closed its door. "That's going to wait for my lovely mother to arrive at home so that she can safely start the machine."