HUNDRED

Carrington Hill

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

I wasn't prepared. I didn't expect it. I had no idea this would happen.

Also... what the fuck?

This was so unexpected and unrealistic, it really made no sense and my mind couldn't wrap itself around the situation. Although, on the other hand, I was weirdly calm and ready which confused me even more.

Basically, Harry was at the graduation ceremony and then later on, he tagged along for the party as well. And everyone in my family was OK with it. To the point, where I felt uncomfortable and had to excuse myself and just sit in my room for a bit. Thankfully, the party was at our house so I felt okay with disappearing and just being on my own for a bit.

I spoke not one word to him, I barely even dared to glance at him. I was scared for some reason. Perhaps he intimidated me slightly which reminded me of how I felt when we first met. It seemed crazy how that was now four years ago.

A light knock on my door interrupted my hazy thoughts and I just knew in my heart and soul that it was him. I wanted to pretend I wasn't in the room so the conversation we were bound to have could be further postponed but I knew he knew I was in here.

So, I opened the door.

And there he was.

Annoyingly handsome.

His face and cologne still made my heart thump faster in my chest and warm my cheeks. I couldn't stand in front of him for longer than I had to because I wasn't sure what I would have done. I sat back down on my bed and put my hands under my thighs from the side, palm facing down.

The door closed with a soft click after it and I sensed him walk over to the armchair in my room.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. Fuck. I haven't heard him talk in forever. I swear his voice got deeper and he slurred his words more.

"Yeah..." I said eventually. It wasn't awkward. It felt like we were back to how we were before everything happened. He was genuinely interested, whether he meant it in general or with regards to everything. "You?"

"M'well," he nodded and I did the same. I didn't think either of us knew what to say but like I mentioned, it was far from awkward. For me, anyway. "I, uh, I heard you've been competing again... how is that?"

"Yeah," I confirmed. "It's been great."

"That's good, I'm glad you are back again," he smiled lightly and I nodded. This conversation was too pure and too easy-going for people like us. For people who have known each other for years. "How long are you staying here?"

"I'm not sure," I sighed. "Um... how come you are here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," he replied.

"No, I meant here, at the party and the ceremony. I had no idea you and my brother were so close," I specified when the cluelessness finally got the best of me. Harrison never mentioned Harry to me when we spoke and he definitely did not mention he would invite him to his graduation.

"Yeah... um. We hung out a few times in the past year... it was unexpected—our friendship, I mean. Definitely didn't expect it to happen because, just like he should have, he was pretty mad at me for... well, everything that happened with us."

"What happened with us is no one's business but ours. I understand why he could have been mad but he shouldn't have had to act a certain way with you."