FORTY

Carrington Hill

My older brother's birthday came sooner than it was expected and so when he and our dad showed up at the front door of our house, I was more than shocked. Obviously, I knew of their arrival however it completely slipped my mind considering how busy I was. I spent most of my time in the dance studio, and if I wasn't teaching or rehearsing for my own competitions, I was in London with Harry or Mia. Not that it bothered me because being busy was a good thing. It just costed me a lot to travel.

It was the 25th August, a beautiful Friday when the meal for Lesley's birthday was happening. It was exciting, as most of our family was going to be there plus Mia's family was coming over as well. The thought of inviting Harry rallied through my head a hell of a lot of times and in the end, he ended up getting the invitation. My dad and brother made the decision as they said way before their arrival that they wanted to meet my boyfriend. When I broke the news to Harry he seemed nervous but agreed to come. He also decided on spending the night at ours which I was buzzing about.

Everyone seemed to arrive at the same time regarding my family on Friday so our house and backyard was full. The music was playing and the grill was already going by twelve pm. Every alcoholic drink you can imagine was out on the tables and countertops as well as it rested in the cups that literally everyone in the household held in their hands. Well, apart from the kids for obvious reasons and Lynn, who was the wife of one of my Uncles as she was pregnant with my second little cousin from their family.

"Carrie, someone was at the door and they claim to know you," I heard my Uncle Leo talk to me as he walked in the living room where I was playing with one of my cousins. It was actually one of his kids, the other half of the twins he was holding.

Then soon enough I saw my handsome boyfriend coming in the view as well. He looked breathtakingly good but that was no surprise. He wore full black apart from his boots which were brown. His shirt was not buttoned all the way up and it was short sleeved so his tattoos were on display. Harry grinned at me and I literally shot up from my place and jumped right into his arms.

"I missed you as well," he laughed in to my ear as my hands locked around his neck while my legs did the same around his waist. He held me up as his arms hugged my back then one slipped down under my bum and pushed me up a little.

"You look hella good," I told him when I pulled away and pressed my lips against his. "And I missed you."

"Thank you, love, but goddamn, look at you!" he said while he let his eyes wander down my body when he put me down on my feet. I pulled my jeans up and pushed my hair behind my shoulders then twirled around in front of him. "Holy shit, you got me shaking at my knees, pretty girl."

"Stop," I laughed and put my hand on my forehead so I shielded my eyes from him.

"Bitta cleavage showing though, huh?" he wiggled his eyebrows though he never looked me in the eyes. He was too busy staring me up and down which I didn't mind since I loved owning his attention.

"Had to put my babies out there," I said jokingly and I kissed his lips again. He smiled as his hand grabbed my butt and squeezed it. "Hey, there are kids and my family here, behave!"

"You gonna get it tonight, sunshine," he mumbled in my ear before he kissed my jaw, right under my ear.

"Anyways," I laughed as I took a hold of his hand. I slipped my feet in my sliders and decided to go to the kitchen first to get him something to drink. My Uncle took my cousin with him to go outside so I didn't have to look after him. "Would you like a beer or?"

"I don't drink beer," he told me and that made me look at him weirdly. "It makes you put weight on and I can't exactly have that."

"Well, what can you drink then?" I teased him as I turned to look at him. I was pressed between his body and the sink behind me as he smirked down at me, his hands on the surface behind me.