THIRTY ONE

Carrington Hill

The dress that previously hung from the hanger was now covering my body. It fitted perfectly – it almost seemed as if it was made for me specifically. The black dress which had white flowers going around the bottom of it and around the cleavage area accentuated my curves at the right places and when my reflection was shown through the mirror I was impressed.

I felt classy and confident, I felt at ease and completely comfortable with how I looked. Although I must mention that saying that takes a lot of self-love and appreciation which I lacked of for many years. Sometimes on certain days I still do.

It's hard to love yourself and who you truly are in a world like we are living in today. Social media is cruel when it comes to body shapes, sizes and colours, giving people some sort of template as to what they have to look like in order to feel and be accepted by the society.

I was trapped in that circle, more so what felt like a cell for the longest time.

Some days I still find myself comparing to others when I hit my lowest and there is no going back for a while then. Of course I try not to let it get that bad but sometimes you just have to let your walls down completely and experience feelings and events that shape you into a better you.

A stronger you.

However, in that moment and time as I was all dolled up and was looking at myself in the full length mirror, I felt good. Not to mention when Harry knocked on my door then came in and he looked amazed. It made me feel so damn confident as he looked at me with a huge grin and eyes that spoke more than words would have ever been able to.

But, Harry wasn't the only one who was speechless when he saw me – I was the exact same way.

He wore a pale yellow, creamish coloured suit with a blue shirt that had palm trees on it and it reminded me so much of the time we spent in Hawaii. He smelled heavenly which made him so bloody attractive not to mention how he styled his hair again. Or more like how he didn't style it – he just let it be. And it was the most alluring thing ever.

That loose strand of hair against his forehead got me thinking of things I would have loved to do to him.

"You look like you're about to rip my clothes off of me," Harry smirked as his lips spoke the words which were clouding my mind. I sighed as my head tilted to the side a little, I grabbed the collar of his blazer and pulled him closer. "What's gotten into you, eh?"

I smirked as I put my other hand on the side of his neck and put my lips on his. A contented sigh pushed through my lips into Harry's mouth, his teeth grabbed my bottom lip and sucked it in between his. I let my arms slip and my hands wrapped around his neck, my fingers slowly made their way into his hair. Harry squeezed my ass then slapped it, a smirk rose on his lips as we pulled away.

"You need to wear more dresses that fit your bum this good," he told me and placed a quick peck on my lips. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes but-," I said then stopped as I wiped the lip gloss off of the corner of Harry's mouth. "Okay now we are both ready."

//

To say that Harry stole my attention from the whole wedding ceremony was an understatement. Also probably quite rude towards the newlyweds but I realised too late to save myself from getting distracted by my boyfriend's beauty.

I knew he was beautiful. He knew he was beautiful. We all knew he was beautiful.

Also, I probably wasn't the only one whose attention was taken by the gorgeous model however I would like to not think about the other guests swooning over him. Being jealous didn't come to me frequently but when it did I had no idea how to handle it.