SIX

Carrington Hill

It was madness.

Everyone was running around in the main room as we all wanted to get ready and it was getting too much. I was usually good when it came to controlling a situation and I never let it get out of hand but in that moment and time I had to take a few minutes to think about what was truly going on.

Mia was half ready, the makeup artists that her mother and father paid for just like with everything else, were working on her look which I understood. They were doing the right thing. While they were getting my best friend sort of ready, Mia's sister, her close friend from university, Aiden's sister and I were in the hands of the hair dressers. There were four and thank god for them because it would have probably been a disaster if we didn't have them.

Mia's mum and Aiden's mum were in the room too; well, in and out really. They were between the room all the girls were and the room where all the boys were. They just wanted to see anything and everything plus Linda was a control freak, kind of like I was, so she had to make sure that things went smoothly.

But little did she know that by running around she caused more stress not just on me or the other people in the rooms, but mainly for her own daughter.

I could clearly tell Mia was on the edge, her mum constantly asking her questions ended up being the worst thing she could have possibly done in that time. So, when she suddenly got a call that she had to take and left the room, it was like as if the whole room had the chance to take a deep breath.

"How you holding up?" I asked Mia once the hair dresser was done with my hair. She simply curled it then put some kind of hairspray in it that would keep my locks in place and put my flower crown on me securely as well.

"God, Carr, my mum is literally stepping on each and every one of my nerves," she let a frustrated sigh out as her head was popped back while her makeup was getting done. "My mum is a control freak and so are you, but at this moment and time I would rather have you run things and not her. She's just too much for me right now."

"Do you want me to talk to her when she's done with that phone call?" I asked her with a light chuckle. "I'm not going to lie, she is pretty hyped up but I get it. Her little but oldest daughter is getting married."

"Yes, please, if you can tell her to back off a little bit, that would be great," she laughed and I joined her as I nodded even though she couldn't see that.

Now let's not think that she hated her mother or that she was ungrateful because Mia was everything but that. Actually, she loved her mother and father to pieces but they had the tendency to go nuts. They always wanted to make sure that whatever event they were a part of, or whatever they were doing, was master class and everyone would talk about it but could never top it.

They were hungry for success which I understood. I wanted to be as successful as I could be doing whatever I chose to do later in life or even now. But I do have to agree that Linda and Max were a bit too overboard sometimes.

And so like my friend asked me to or more so agreed to, I talked to her mother. I told her to take a deep breath and sit down for a few minutes. I had a good relationship with Linda; she treated me as if I was hers which I appreciated very much. To be fair, Mia's whole family acted like I was one of them and I'm not exaggerating because Linda's mum wanted to sit next to me on the plane from London to here. I didn't mind, Mia's grandmother was one of the funniest women I have met so we had a good time on our journey. I'm pretty sure we pissed quite a lot of passengers off as we laughed so much.

Once Linda was back to normal, which wasn't so different from what she had been like ever since we started getting ready, we went back into the room. And it still felt like how it was when Linda went out to take the phone call which just showed that her hype-ness was turned off a slight bit. She was still buzzing, however.