SEVEN

Harry Styles

She was lovely. So, so lovely I couldn't keep her out of my mind that she made spin around like crazy. She was crazy. And I felt like I was becoming crazy for her and because of her. She was shy and nervous at times but insanely funny and bubbly, she spoke her mind and therefore she was blunt. She was talented and pretty, not to mention unique. Hell, even her name caught me off guard when I first heard it.

Carrington Hill.

Never heard such a beautiful name in my life and the fact that it was paired with a girl like her, a stunningly gorgeous girl like her was, once again, crazy. Not to mention the fact that she was talking to me for me and not for my name. That meant a lot because most people wanted to befriend me for my popularity and status though it was easy to tell when someone was trying to come near me for the wrong reasons.

I could kind of sense transparent people and Carrington was definitely not one of them.

After her speech, I said mine which was much shorter than hers but included everything it had to and it made the guests laugh. I felt good about it, I didn't plan it but like I said I got a good reaction so I was happy with myself.

Once the speeches were done, a few people carried on with their meals and drinks meanwhile most of them got up to surround Mia and James as their first dance was about to happen. Those who stayed seated were with little children so it was understandable.

"We're gonna have to give our best," I muttered as I leaned to Carrington's ear as we were watching our best friends dance together.

"You're extremely competitive," she told me and after that she focused her attention on the couple.

To say that I was nervous about the whole dancing part was a pretty nice way to put how I felt. I was bloody shaking on the inside and it wasn't because I didn't know how to dance or because I was shy in front of all those people.

It was because of Carrington.

I just wanted to woo her, make a good impression when it came to her. I wanted her to look at me like someone who she could imagine being with, not minding all the consequences that may come with me considering my job. The reason behind this was simply the fact that I fancied her. Probably more than I should have allowed myself to but then again it has been almost decades since I've had a proper girlfriend.

She seemed like the perfect girl to be in a relationship with.

She was witty and pretty, she was talented and down to earth. She was confident but shy; she was weird in a good way and above all her qualities and traits she made me happy.

Carrington made me happy and that was what attracted me to her the most. She gave this positive and bubbly vibe off and it radiated all around her. I thought I was lucky to be able to be around her and catch some of those rays to soak myself in them. She was just something else.

I swear she was like the fresh air in a stuffed room and I couldn't get enough of her.

"Harry, come on," she said in her cute little accent which was a mix of everything so I couldn't really tell what kind it was. I looked at her quickly as her voice shook me out of my wild thoughts which funnily enough were about her.

"Sorry," I said as a light chuckle escaped from my lips and she smiled at me. That smile not only made my head but my whole world spin, pardon me being cheesy as hell. But it really did. "Wait, what song are we dancing to? Is it slow or-," my words were cut off when the song started.

It was some kind of pop song but like a remix version and thank fuck for that. That meant no slow dancing which I was made up about since I knew for a fact that I would've stepped on Carrington's toes.