EIGHTY TWO

Carrington Hill

The next morning, I woke up in bed alone. The first thing I saw was a bouquet of red roses which made me smile and nuzzle my face in my pillow. I smiled as I pushed myself up a bit and leaned on my elbow, my hand reached out for the flowers as I brought it closer to my nose. They smelled as amazing as they looked and I wanted to make sure they'd last a little longer so I got out of bed to take care of them.

After I put on the first dressing gown I found, which happened to be Harry's, I went downstairs. The sweet gesture started my day off wonderfully and Harry's thoughtfulness reminded me of how I really fell for him.

"Good morning," Rose's voice, which I hadn't heard in a while, distracted me from my thoughts. She smiled at me as she continued to whisk something in a bowl.

"Good morning," I said as I walked in the kitchen. "Do we have anything to put these in?" I asked but more so myself than her. A large jar caught my attention which I took out of its original place and put the flowers down as I filled it up.

"They are gorgeous, aren't they?" she commented and I had to agree with her. They really were.

"Have you seen Harry this morning?"

"I have, actually," she replied with a hum. "He seemed to be in a hurry. I couldn't even fix him a quick breakfast, said he was already late."

"Interesting," I said. "Anyways, I need to get ready and on with my day."

"Of course, darling. Breakfast will be ready by the time you're back down."

"Sweet," I smiled at her and was on my way back up.

I actually had the weekend off, which I thought worked perfectly. It was convenient because I didn't have to change my plans around that only my and Harry's immediate families knew of. I texted Harry as I sat on the toilet and then began to actually get ready. I needed to pack for myself and him for the two nights we were going to spend at home.

I had my doubts about how Harry would like my idea seeing as he probably wasn't going to be really all over the thought of leaving the city to relax whilst he had a shit ton to do. However, the mental state he was trapped in wasn't healthy and he needed to clear his head before he could actually get things done. I knew him well enough to be aware of the fact that he will get nowhere if he is that stressed.

Plus, I did have a look at his diary that he keeps on his table and he didn't have anything planned for the weekend.

Harry: I'm in town do you wanna come in and have lunch around half one? X

Carrington: oof sure

Carrington: where do you wanna meet

Harry: do you want to go nando's? kinda feeling it

Carrington: which one?

Harry: dunno I'll send u my location when I get there

Harry: actually we should probably go to the one near madame tussauds cos that'll be the closest

Carrington: good luck to me finding parking there lmfao

Harry: just call the driver babe we have him for a reason

Carrington: you right I might do that

Harry: alright I need to go now. I'm in a meeting

Carrington: please don't plan anything else for after lunch cos I have plans for us 👀