FIFTY FOUR

Carrington Hill

Everything went back to normal way too quickly for my liking however there was nothing else to do than to just accept it and go along with it.

As soon as Harry and I got back from Scotland, work took over my life, responsibilities crept right up on my back and scared the living shit out of me. I saw my mother once a day and we only greeted each other then we both left for work and only got back late at night. I lost contact with both of my brothers and my father as well only because of work and... life.

Harrison was busy with university, Lesley was neck deep in work alongside our father and it was slowly getting to me that we were all growing up. Slowly, we'll all move out and get on with our lives, get significant others and have our own families as well and we won't even be seeing the other as much as we may have the chance to now. That sort of saddens but also excites me for what the future may bring.

I knew I had a long road ahead of me especially with this new project of mine. Well, ours because Alex and I have been working on this for the longest.

The thing with us is that our view regarding our future careers is the same. Like, literally the same. We want to do something with dancing whether that's in the form of attending competitions, organising competitions, creating an organisation or owning a dance studio.

Maybe all of them together.

Therefore, working with the other is our first step to take in order to make my, well, our dreams come true. Becoming business partners with someone who I have known for years and I genuinely trust is the way forward to move onto better things.

So yeah, when I say I've been busy with work and responsibilities been surrounding me, I'm not lying. I think I've been to more meeting this past week than I have ever before in my life. Technically, I'm a bloody business woman by now – jokes, I know shit about businesses so thank fuck we found a good ass manager for Alex and I.

Scott was the funniest lad ever, he was in his thirties and he was well handsome. Not that he could have ever compared to my boy but he was definitely a snack. Above all of that, he managed us right and I trusted him considering that he's been working with me ever since I got into the social media world a bit more seriously. I needed someone by my side and so he was the one who got stuck with me. But everything was going in the right direction so Alex and I both knew we made the right decision in picking him instead of finding someone completely new.

"Alright, we should be able to start looking at studios tomorrow just in case," Scott informed us once we got in the taxi and off we went to Nando's for lunch. "Where are you guys thinking? Is staying in Manchester important or can we go out of the city?"

I looked at Alex and he looked at me. I didn't really mind going out of Manchester although at the same time I felt like keeping our business local would be more beneficial if things decided to go downhill. So, I told the two boys just this.

"What about you Alex?" Scott asked him curiously which I liked. He wanted to know what both of us thought and didn't really let any of us settle down and just agree with the other.

"Personally, I think it'd be better to stay in Manchester then again going out of the city could reach more people."

"Are you thinking London?"

"Yeah, potentially," he nodded as he looked at me then back to our manager. "However, I am very aware of how much the rent would be of a studio in London. Most likely a double of what it is here if not triple, depending on where it is located and stuff."

"Right, okay. So, we're deffo staying local and if we see something interesting around London or anywhere else really, we'll check that out too. Sounds fair, doesn't it?" he asked us and we both nodded with a smile.