SIXTY EIGHT

Carrington Hill

Going from teaching full classes to doing private sessions was weird but definitely a nice change. I had a couple, both of them aged eighteen who were just looking for a new dance organisation to change to and they ended up at ours. This was my first class with them so I was a bit nervous but it went amazingly. They showed me what they knew and it was pretty impressive.

I had them for two hours but we took a ten-minute break in between for obvious reasons. And since I only had that lesson left for the day, I was pretty relieved once we sorted the payment and scheduled the next class. My life was slowly becoming what I always imagined it to become and I grinned to myself as I turned up the music in the room and began dancing on my own. I was a bit tired but as soon as one of the samba songs began to play, I felt my blood start to boil and my hips began to sway to the rhythm.

The mirror reflected my every move that I intensely watched, looking out for any mistakes I had been doing all along to make sure I could perfect it. My hands were on the side of my face as my feet stepped right on time to make the next move. I spun around and stopped as I would at a competition since the choreography was made up like this. Without Alex there, it was weird as he would've been doing his bits then but I managed.

"Knock, knock," I heard through the music right as I made another turn and pointed right at him.

I laughed to myself as I stood on my feet properly and took my hair bobble out then put my hair back in a bun properly. Alex walked to the laptop that was plugged into the speakers and stopped the music.

"Speaking of the devil," I laughed and said in between quick breaths. We shared kisses on the cheek and then I took my water bottle and chugged it all. "How come you're in?"

"I was in the other room with the beginners. Just had a class," he told me.

"Ah, right," I nodded. "How was it?"

"I mean it wasn't much different to what I did back in Manchester," he shrugged. "Lovely bunch, it was fun. How was your private lesson? I have one tomorrow from eleven."

"Oh, do you? I loved it. It's so good. You get to give all your attention to one couple and help them with whatever they need help with. Also, it's so much easier to give them advice on things and like just show them how to make different moves look better. You'll definitely enjoy it."

"How long was your session?"

"Tow hours, just finished like ten minutes ago," I told him. "I'm going soon, I was just dancing a bit."

"Haven't done it enough today, eh?" he laughed and I did the same with a little eye roll. "Julie emailed us, by the way."

"What did she say?"

"Just an email to everyone about the championship in Blackpool."

"Ah, right. No, I haven't seen it yet. Are we going?"

"I'm up for it."

"When do we have to register by?"

"Think Julie's already put all our names in and sent it to them, so," he snickered and I was not surprised.

"Is she gonna fund our travels to Blackpool or is she making us pay for it?"

"Most likely the second option."

I rolled my eyes a little and then pushed myself away from the desk. Don't get me wrong, Julie is amazing at what she does but she also knows how to get on my nerves easily.

"We should probably fit some rehearsals in then, shouldn't we?" I asked, though I already knew that the answer was yes to this. "Do you have anymore classes this afternoon?"