SIXTY FOUR

Harry Styles

I was in awe. Complete and utter awe as I watched her dance, so delicately, so passionately – as if her life depended on it. She was giving her all, as her red dress with diamonds on it hugged her gorgeous figure, the material clinging to all the right places, accentuating her almost perfect body. She looked unreal. And most importantly: happy.

She looked like the happiest woman in this world as she was dancing to a song with Alex, putting all of her emotions and effort into it. Her smile – hell, her facial expressions, her steps, movements with her hands, her body. God, I just then realised how much dancing actually meant to her. It was her life, it was her passion – it was everything to her.

It took me all this time, almost a year, to realise just how much she loved this. Being on stage, all dolled up, looking professional with a partner and surrounded with other dancers and judges on the side, family and friends in the audience cheering after every performance.

My grin widened as I clapped and her eyes locked with mine as she bowed down in a classy way. Her arm hooked into Alex's as they walked off the stage with the others and I was already undoing the bottlecap so that she could have a drink. Her chest was heaving up and down quickly as she took the water, her hands shaking a little and as she was turning and twisting around to see what everyone was doing, the lights made all that glitter and highlight catch everyone's attention.

"We've gotta run back to the other side for the next dance," she told me and then lifted the bottle up again and all the water was gone from the plastic. "Can you get me another one, please?"

"Yes, sure," I nodded with a smile. "You did amazing."

"Thank you. Let's hope it was and will be enough for the judges."

The area where we were standing quickly became empty and only a few people were left. I looked back to my girlfriend and kissed her sweaty, makeup-y, glittery forehead.

"Go, bebe, you're up next," I winked at her to which she just stepped closer and pecked me on the lips.

Before I even had the chance to realise what was going on, she grabbed Alex's hand and they were off to the other side of the stage where they'll go on for the next round. The last dance was Jive, the one she was trying to teach me at Aiden and Mia's wedding and needless to say but I was horrible at it.

As I watched them – her – I felt my heart fill up with love and admiration towards her. I was proud. So proud. She was killing it up there and I felt like a twat, an absolute twat for behaving the way I did yesterday morning. I was selfish, so fucking selfish for not seeing how much dancing meant to her, how much she actually meant what she said – that she would sacrifice anything for this.

In a way, I related to her. I loved my job, I would have done what she has. When the opportunity comes, you have to take it, and that's what she's doing right now. Taking the chance to better her future which I see now, perfectly. This is what I needed, this competition, to see that although we'll see each other even less, it will be worth it.

It will be worth it, because the love of my life will be able to accomplish her dreams, her goals and that's all that matters. Her happiness.

"You," I stopped, to kiss my girl on the lips after she came off the stage and was in my arms. "Are," I kissed her again. "Incredible," then again.

She kept giggling in my arms, her earrings were dangling back and forth as I showered her in my love and affection. I lifted her up in my arms and spun around then when I put her back down on her feet, she linked her arms around my neck and kissed me.