SEVENTY FOUR

Carrington Hill

It was 5:30 am. I knew it because my alarm went off on my phone and it made me almost roll off of the bed. Harry's body stirred next to me which caused me to turn my head in his direction, catching his lips opening and then closing again as he furrowed his eyebrows. He brought his hands up to his eyes and roughly rubbed on them as I just laid in bed, wishing to stay there for longer. Harry huffed as he slapped his hands down on the bed then pushed himself up then got out of bed. He was quite moody still when we came to bed last night, he just blamed himself or more so his team for messing up his schedule so he couldn't come with me to the championship. I kind of got over it since there was nothing I could do about it.

After a few more minutes of lying in bed, I got out and joined my boyfriend in the bathroom. The soft lights that were turned on near the mirror still made me squint but it was better than having the main one on. Once I got my hair out of my face, I washed it and my teeth whilst Harry did the same. He was using one of the sinks while I had the other. We didn't actually pick sides or anything since my stuff was mixed with his. I thought that would've annoyed me since I like to keep my stuff organised however it quickly came to my attention that I was a lazy piece of ass for one and for two, I just didn't care.

When I had finished up in the bathroom, I quickly chucked some airport clothes on which basically consisted of leggings, slides and a hoodie. I grabbed my bag and chucked my charger and things like that in it as well as I grabbed my teddy to stuff in my suitcase which was downstairs. If I couldn't have Harry with me then I at least had my teddy.

The smell of coffee filled my nose right as I got down the stairs so I knew what my man was doing. He was quite active in the mornings, he liked to get things sorted as soon as possible so that he could get on with whatever else he had to do and finish early enough to have the rest of the afternoon off to chill. I liked that and I wished I could be like that but waking up early was always a struggle for me. Especially because somehow my bed felt comfier in the mornings than at any other time.

"Baby," Harry's voice was still very deep and very sleepy sounding. We haven't actually said anything yet that morning so hearing his voice was nice. I walked over to the kitchen where he was sipping on his disgustingly bitter black coffee and making pancakes at the same time. Now get you a man who wakes up at half five in the morning and makes you pancakes!

I cuddled to his side as my arms wrapped around his middle, my fingers intertwined on his hip and laid my head on his shoulder. He placed the coffee down as well as the spatula he was holding to flip the pancakes and hugged me back. I felt him kiss the top of my head and as he exhaled through his nose. His body was warm against mine and he smelled amazing. Not to mention how good I thought he looked.

He was wearing proper airport clothes, too, even though he was not coming with me to Spain. Oh, yes, this year's championship was in Spain which was exciting as I haven't been there in a while. I kind of wished Harry would be coming with me today and seeing him in his black Nike shorts left me a bit bummed. He wore white socks too, his black Adidas slides were next to the kitchen island. A grey hoodie covered his top half and his usual Packers beanie was on, too.

Eventually, all the pancake mixture was done and so we both dived right into it. They were chocolate chips ones, not that that stopped me from spreading Nutella all over it. Harry just laughed at me as I basically inhaled at least five of the little American pancakes he made.

Soon after breakfast, he got a phone call from his chauffer who was driving me – well, us – to the airport who told him he was going to be here in about five minutes. My flight was at seven and the time was rolling quite quickly. Since it was short haul, I didn't think it was necessary to be there really early but I knew I still had to go through security and all that shit.