SIXTY SEVEN

Carrington Hill

Harry used his charm on my mum therefore I wasn't in much trouble. Not that me moving out should get me in any, but Eloise Hill has always been overprotective of me. She wants to know where I am, what I'm doing and who I am with pretty much every hour of my life even though I'm turning twenty-three this year. Me being the only daughter she has ever had resulted in her constantly looking out for me, though my dad was the same way – even with him living on the other side of the world.

But to stop me from rambling, everything was fine. And Harry's presence did help to calm my mother's nerves other than the fact that she was knackered from work. She had a night shift so she excused herself with a line that left Harry shitting his pants. "I'm easy to persuade, every mother is when their daughter's boyfriend is as handsome and charming as you are, Harry. My husband, however, he is a tough cookie. You'll have to have a chat with him some time, too. I'm sure he'd love to know about your plans, loves." Then she smiled and went upstairs and if that was not the most badass thing she has done in a while then I still have no idea what to say about it.

The next day, as I sat in one of the rooms in the dance studio, it was still on my mind and it honestly made me giggle a little. Alex turned up to the meeting, too, which didn't surprise me since Harry quite literally planted the image in my head of how they're gonna try and persuade him into moving to London as well.

"So, as you all know, we have gone through with the plans of expanding to London. Our organisation has always been known, we're pretty popular with the amount of classes we teach and also our amazing dancers promote us all around the world," Julie spoke who was actually the head of the whole thing. She started the organisation ages ago and built it up to where it is now. "When I made my decision to expand, I already knew who I wanted to run the business. And it won't be a surprise to anyone," she laughed and everyone joined. By everyone, I mean all the teachers so there was like fifteen of us. "Carrington, Alex," she spoke our names and my heart fell down to my stomach and right out of my ass. She really was going to say what I hoped she was going to say and it gave me unnecessary anxiety. "You two have been here since almost the beginning of this. I remember teaching you two the first, basic steps to cha cha cha at the age of what, seven? And even then, I knew that you two were going to be amazing. Surely, you were never a couple from the start, but now you are and it's the most amazing thing to see. You work really well together, it would be a shame to separate you two – which is why I decided to give you two the position of running the business in Stratford."

"Wait, are you serious?" Alex asked her. He sounded completely shocked and I swear he teared up a little. "I swear to god if you are fucking with me-,"

"Nope," Julie laughed. "I'm fucking serious, hun," she said.

And just like that, I jumped up with Alex and we hugged each other as if we won a competition. I didn't really believe it at first and then she smirked and everyone started to clap and it somehow became real. This meant so much to both of us that I wasn't even surprised when tears started to leak from my eyes after I pulled away from my dance partner.

"Your flight to London leaves tomorrow at 6 am sharp, so you best get home and pack for a few days," Julie said and I swear my jaw dropped.

"Flight?" I asked completely shocked.

"For further information about this, we'll have a chat in about five minutes in my office, yeah?" she said. I nodded as I gulped and turned towards Alex.

He was squatting down, his face hid in his hands as I ran towards him and almost made him fall. We both laughed as he hugged me tightly and his eyes were literally sparkling as he looked at me.