SEVENTY SIX

Carrington Hill

The next day I was so nervous I could barely down the breakfast. Chloe, Alex, Harry, Julie and I sat around the table and chatted about what was going to happen and stuff so I thought it was a good idea to let them know about mine and Alex's plans. Well, we mainly told Julie because Alex and I both told our partners about it already – we basically just planned to go to a hair and beauty salon to get our hairs done and, in my case, nails and makeup, too. We got a spray tan yesterday so it was all ready for the comp today. When it came to championships, I didn't mind paying for someone to get me all dolled up and it was better that I didn't have to do anything with my shaky hands and all.

The championship was due to start at eleven am therefore we already had to be there by nine at the latest. Alex and I still needed to warm up and get changed, get our number and whatnot.

As always, the atmosphere was absolutely out of this world. The loud music filled up the entire venue and instantly got me in the mood to incorporate a few basic steps into my normal walk on our way to where Harry and Chloe would sit with Julie. Tons of people were in the audience already although the stage wasn't too preoccupied just yet.

Gorgeous girls walked around with their makeup perfectly done, winged eyeliners winged out as far as possible with fake eyelashes cornering their smokey eyes as well as the pop of colour on their full lips. Hair slicked back and shiny for both female and male dancers, fake tan on everyone to make us all look just a little better in the lights that had the tendency to wash us out when we were on stage.

Most of the dancers wore their tracksuits that represented either their countries or the dance organisation they were with which I thought was really interesting. I always loved looking around and seeing so many different people from so many different places.

Alex and I got our stuff after we got to the venue and warmed up for half an hour or so and went backstage to find ourselves a spot where we could get ready. On our way, we met a few familiar faces who kindly invited us to where they were sitting – a few ex members of our organisation and just a couple who we knew for a few years now and always hung out at competitions.

My dress for the Latin category was pink which I knew was going to look absolutely fucking stunning with my fake tan. The whole dress was decorated with crystals which matched the ones on the back of my heels. My dress had a big slit on the right side, right up to my hip which caused my entire leg to be exposed. There was quite a big cut out on my back that normally would have exposed my spine tattoo, however I got it covered as always for a more professional look. It had long sleeves, which was something I haven't had for a while for Latin however I adored it.

Alex on the other hand, was completely dressed in black, the front of his shirt a little different to what other lads had on and that made me feel slightly cocky

Alex on the other hand, was completely dressed in black, the front of his shirt a little different to what other lads had on and that made me feel slightly cocky. Which, I know, is kind of bad but I couldn't help feeling so good about our look. With the competition we had today, I knew I needed my cocky attitude and extra confidence – on stage, especially. But back to Alex, my main man was dressed in black as always, with a bit of see-thru-ness on his front. It started from his neck right until the top of his belly button. It carried onto the top of his shirt's long sleeves. The bottom of his top covered his crotch and, on the bottom, left side he had the initial of his surname and his first name engraved into the material.