FORTY EIGHT

Carrington Hill

This was my last class this week and I was absolutely knackered. Having to teach students but also have my own classes where I am the student can be draining at times and it truly is. My mum's been working much more than she used to after Harrison moved out and that meant that I had to keep the house running in that little spare time I had. Not to mention that after my youngest brother moved I was the only child in the house and that sort of put a downer on my mood. But then there was Buster and Leo, our dogs, who always put a smile on my face so there was not much to complain about.

It was a Friday night, the 15th September to be specific, and I had nothing to do. Once I took a shower and changed into my pyjamas then put my dressing gown on, I made myself comfortable on the couch downstairs in the living room. I had a bowl of cereal in my hands as I flicked through the channels then stopped when it got to MTV.

"So, Niall, tell us about your newest talent," the lad spoke to Niall who had brown hair now. It was weird and I didn't even realise it was him at first even though the name was familiar.

"Right, so our newest talent is the loveliest girl, very talented also. Her name is Dua Lipa, massive voice. Very happy to be having her under our wings in order to help her achieve all of her dreams and goals," Niall replied professionally. He spoke rather highly of the girl, whose name I have heard before and one of her songs as well when it was on the radio.

"Well, congratulations, Sir!" the interviewer said and shook hands with him.

"Thank you, Dominic, thank you," he laughed. "It's truly amazing to have a talent like her with us, she's quite different and so amazingly talented."

"Right, would you mind introducing the next song from her then?"

"It would be my pleasure," Niall said. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Dua Lipa, with her newest song and music video, New Rules!"

I assumed the interview was old, since that song came out in the summer and her album was out at the same time as well. I turned the song up anyway and watched the music video as I ate my cereal. I thought it was crazy that I met the man who works with her. Niall Horan was known worldwide though so I was not surprised that all of his artists got this much of a reaction as well.

Soon I was interrupted by the bell coming from the front door. At first I thought it was my mum and I was like nah, she has keys to come in, I'm not going to get up. Then my phone started to ring when the bell stopped and saw that it was indeed my mum who was stuck outside.

"Yes mother?" I spoke first.

"Can you let me in please? My keys are in the bottom of my bag. Be quick, thank you," she replied and then put the phone down on me right away.

I groaned as I put my cereal bowl on the floor and then walked to the door. I sighed as I unlocked the door and opened it.

"You better have bought me some-," my words came to a halt stop when my mother was nowhere to be seen. Instead, it was my boyfriend, with a massive bouquet of roses in his hand and the widest grin on his lips. "What the hell?" I laughed out loud. My eyes widened and I kept laughing because I was completely shocked.

"Hey," he said after a little while and I stepped to the side to let him in. The bouquet was honestly massive, I couldn't even hug him while he was holding it.

"Where the hell am I meant to put this?" I questioned him as we walked in the kitchen. There was not a big enough vase for the flowers and there was no way I'd be getting rid of any. "We're gonna have to separate them but first, I need pictures of this."