THIRTY FIVE

Harry Styles

There was not a clear memory within my mind of a time when a girl took me to meet her parents. Don't get me wrong, there were girlfriends before Carrington came along though none of them seemed to be that serious. They were more so flings as the sex was the main reason I even associated myself with them and their intention was nothing more than that. My parents have met a girl before who seemed to be wanted to be with me for the right reasons before however that relationship went down the drain rather quickly.

At a young age I was taught to never truly let yourself fall for someone because you never know when they'll pack up and leave you.

Carrington was different, however.

Carrington was different not just in the way she was raised and carried herself throughout her life but also in the way she treated me and the people around her. She was someone who easily kept others on their toes with her personality, her honesty was genuinely refreshing and just her overall was someone I felt bloody lucky to be associated with.

So when she even brought up the fact that I should meet her parents, well, mother since her father worked in America, I was surprised. Obviously, I met her and Harrison beforehand when I had taken Carrington home but now we are officially together and I suppose it's not the same.

It was now Wednesday, which meant that I got back from Spain two days ago and considering that Eloise wasn't working today we scheduled the big meeting for this date. The travelling time was three hours from London to Manchester so I left mine at eight in the morning as I knew for a fact that I'll get in traffic on the way there.

Thankfully, I made it to the Hill house for twelve where I was warmly greeted by the two dogs they owned. Harrison let me in with a smile on his face and he looked a lot like Carrington.

"I'm sorry about my idiotic sister," Harrison sighed as we walked in the house and heard screaming from the kitchen. "She never listens to mum and she probably burned herself."

"Yeah, sounds like Carrington," I laughed softly while I kicked my boots off. They were my black ones and they went well with my full black outfit. Jeans and a shirt that had two birds exactly where my actual tattoos were on my chest. 

"They're in the kitchen if you want to jump into something you might not be able to leave without a fight," he told me and sat down on the couch in front of the massive TV on the stand.

I nodded and walked to the mentioned room in the house. I was then faced with Eloise on the floor cleaning up whatever was spilled and Carrington with her shirt off, only in her bra. This left me a bit shocked and I could tell they weren't expecting me there either which I judged from their facial expressions.

"Hello," I laughed. Carrington's mum jumped to her feet and Carrington just sighed. She seemed like she was fed up and not bothered by the fact that her upper body was not entirely covered.

"Harry, dear, hi," Eloise spoke first as she threw the tea towel in the sink and washed her hands then dried them. She pulled me in a hug and I saw my girlfriend leave the scene. "How are you? Aw, is this for me? You are so bloody sweet!" she took the flowers from my hand that I moved towards her and she smiled.

"Hi, Eloise, yes they are for you and I'm doing well. How about you?" I asked her kindly while she put the flowers in a vase full of water. She then hurried me back to the living room where Harrison was.

"I'm amazing. Slightly frustrated and stressed, but fantastic," she chuckled. "I didn't think having a twenty one year old daughter and eighteen year old son could be so time consuming and messy."