THIRTY SIX

Harry Styles

My mother obviously said yes to the lunch date and that didn't surprise me at all. Eloise's eyes quite literally lit up when she was informed that my mum will be coming along and she'll bring my little sister, Lily, as well since she was still on her summer break and our dad was working.

We didn't have a reservation for any restaurants so we just picked randomly where we asked for a table for six people and luckily, they were able to squeeze us in. I sat opposite to Carrington with Harrison next to her and Eloise at the end. We thought it was better if I faced my girlfriend and then our mums and siblings could do the same so it wouldn't be that uncomfortable. Although I knew that my mum would lighten up the mood just as much as Eloise does all the time and my little sister wasn't the shiest either. Not that Harrison was any shy.

We ordered our second round of drinks when mum and Lily arrived and so the slightly awkward meeting happened. Mum engulfed everyone in a hug and Eloise even gave a hug to my sister. That made me smile.

And then once we all placed our food orders and we were left alone with it too, the chatter never stopped. Not that it ever did when my family arrived, but you know what I mean. If it wasn't my mum then it was Eloise who kept throwing new topics on the table which got us all involved in and that again, made me happy.

This was how I imagined my mum meeting my girlfriend's mum and I was more than content with myself and the fact.

"So then how's my son been treating you, dear? I hope he's being the gentleman I raised him to be," mum talked to Carrington specifically as she sipped on her mocktail. She was going to order herself a cocktail then remembered that she was driving so she said no to it with a disappointed huff.

"Yes, he is amazing," my girlfriend smiled and kept her eyes on my mum. I grinned at her and kept my gaze on her pretty face. She looked stunning with her hair up in a high and tight bun, her massive loop earrings and red lip. I wanted to kiss the life out of her. "Obviously, I don't get to see him that much because we live in different cities and we both have busy schedules but when we do hang out it's always really nice."

"I second that," I found myself saying as I basically invited myself into the conversation. This of course resulted in getting everyone's attention at the table and Eloise listened to me carefully as well as my mother did. "It would be nice to live in the same city but that time will come as well, I'm sure of it," I gave my girlfriend a sly look with the smallest smirk ever which got her looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

Our mums laughed and I was alright with that. Neither of them seemed to be overly serious which I liked, but then again, we were in public and they haven't met before so I'm sure once they get more comfortable around each other, it won't be so nice anymore.

I ended up paying for our meals which I obviously didn't mind, although both mums tried to make a contribution. So to make sure that they didn't feel guilty, as Eloise shared, I came up with the idea that we could go to one of the parks or something and get some ice cream and go for a walk. Not that any of us were dressed to go to the park but that didn't seem to matter.

"So our mums are getting along and yours seems to be alright with me," Carrington spoke up once we got to the park then went to get ice cream right away. Mum and Eloise were walking in front of us with my little sister while Carrie's brother was on the phone to someone.

One of my hands was holding my girlfriend's while the other one held the ice cream cone. When I saw that they had peach flavour I got as happy as a little kid when they get what they want and I went right in and asked for two scoops of it. I have always loved peach ice cream and when I was little there were times that I didn't get any if they didn't have my favourite.