2.

"Hi Mrs.Shakur. How are you?"The detective smiled and sat across from Damita.

"I'm great. How are you?"She replied with a small smile.

"Good. Can you tell me everything you remember about Christmas 2001?"He asked. "When did you see your husband last?"

"I saw him last when he dropped me off at home. He told me that he was going to handle some business and that he'd be right back."Damita answered him.

"You didn't ask what type of business?"The detective asked.

"No I did not. I trusted my husband very much, if he said he'd be right back it meant he was coming back."She shrugged.

"So when your husband left, what did you do? You had to be busy to not notice he didn't come right back like he said would."he replied, challenging her statement.

"When I got inside, I took off my clothes and took a nap. I was very tired."She replied.

"Where were your children? You took a nap while they were there?"He asked.

Damita became irritant from all the questions, but she continued to cooperate.

"All three of my children were with their grandmother Afeni. She asked to keep them for the night."She explained.

"Do you know why your husbands case has been re-opened Mrs.Shakur?"He asked, leaning over the table. "His death was ruled as a homicide. Somebody tampered with the breaks."He explained.

"Now if I'm not mistaken, the car he was driving belonged to you right?"

"Right."She replied.

"Did you have any enemies? Somebody that wanted you or your husband dead?"He asked.

"Not that I can think of off the top of my head. We're very likable people. I can't really think of anyone that hated us."She shrugged.

"Did you all get into any disagreements or disappoint anyone around that time?"he asked. "I need you to think hard."he continued inching close to Damita.

"I remember meeting up with the De Luca brothers. That was months before. I was only like 5 months pregnant at the time. After that we really stayed home a lot because my pregnancy became a bit more complicated. Most of the time when he left the house, if he left the house I'd be home sleeping."She explained scooting back in her chair so that he wasn't so close.

He became silent and wrote something down in his notebook.

"So you mean to tell me that you were just this perfect wife that didn't ask any questions and just let her man be?"He asked sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. She didn't want to answer his questions anymore.

"This isn't about what kind of wife I am. This is supposed to be about my husband."She replied getting up from her chair.

"I haven't dismissed you yet Ms.Shakur."He chuckled.

"I've dismissed myself. If you have anymore questions, call me. I won't be coming back."She winked and started to walk away.

"Wait."He yelled after her.

"Yes?"She turned around on her heels.

"Tell me more about these brothers. Who are they? What do they look like?"He rambled.

"Business owners, Italian, Mobsters."She replied and continued to walk out.

"How was it?"Afeni asked.

"Next time. If there's a next time, we can handle this over the phone."She answered, pulling her phone out of her purse to answer it. "Sorry I have to take this."She answered and continued walking.

"She's such a bitch."Amari scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Cut it out."Afeni scolded her, pointing a finger at her.

"Granny please. You and I both know what type of person that mother of mine is. All these years you've been trying to ignore it, but you know she doesn't care about anybody but herself."

Afeni no longer wanted to hear her granddaughter ill feelings towards her mother.

"Amari Shut your mouth! You think you know things but you don't. There's lots of things pertaining to your mother and father that you don't know. Yes, Damita has a very bad attitude at times but considering all she's been through I don't blame her. No matter how much you might think you hate her, she's still your mother and you will no longer disrespect her in my presence."Afeni growled, grabbing Amari by the arm.

"Got it?"She snarled.

"Yes ma'am."Amari replied apologetically.

Amari didn't know the half about her mother. She only knew what Katherine poisoned her mind with. It made her feel like "if your own mother hates you, you have to be a horrible person." Amari hadn't said a single word to her mother since the day she broke her heart and told her that she didn't want to go with her.

That still hurt Damita but she learned how to mask it. She didn't want to force Amari to do anything she didn't want to do.

"Yes son."Damita answered her phone sweetly.

"This is your mother."Katherine answered.

"Oh. What have I done to deserve this call and from my sons phone? How sweet of you."Damita replied sarcastically.

"I think you should pick the kids up. I'd like to talk to you."Katherine said.

"Are we not talking right now?"She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"It's an important matter Damita and I feel like it should be said in person."She replied dryly.

"Did you not see me earlier Katherine? As much I like to be tortured your presence, I don't think I deserve it twice in one day. I haven't been that horrible."She laughed sarcastically.

"Get here or the twins will be spending the night."She replied then hung up.

Damita walked out to her car, irritated that she had to see her parents once again, but it was for her kids and she'd do anything for them.

"Are you finished watching the basketball videos grandma?"Amaru asked, reaching for his phone. She hurriedly pressed the home button to cover up what she was really doing.

"It came off some kind of way. I was trying to figure out how to put it back on. You know I don't know how to work these little fancy phones."She laughed handing him the iPhone 7 Plus.

"It's Okay grandma."he laughed and sat down next her. His phone dinged with a message from his mother that read "I'm outside."

"Liyah come on! Momma outside."He yelled up the stairs where Aaliyah was.

"Your mothers outside?"Katherine asked and Amaru nodded his head.

"Stay put, she's coming in."She Demanded and walked out to her daughters car.

"Damita please come inside."She smiled opening her daughters car door.