40

Damita pulled into her garage and climbed out of her car quickly. She was desperate to know what had her husband all excited.

"Baby, where are you."Damita called as she and Amari walked through her living room.

"I'm in the kitchen."Amaru replied. Damita sat her purse on the couch and walked into the kitchen where he was sitting at the island with Ava.

"Good Afternoon, Damita."Ava smiled and reached her arms out to hug Damita.

"Hi Ava."Damita kissed her cheek. "What brings you by. I'm guessing that it must be something amazing since my husband can't stop smiling."She giggled.

"Great news. Do you want to tell her or do you want me to?"Ava asked with toothless smile.

"You tell her. I'm too excited, I ain't gone be able to get it out."Amaru laughed and rubbed his hands across his face.

"You might want to sit down for this."Ava laughed and Damita rolled her eyes because she thought they were being extra.  She sat down and put her hands in her lap. "I'm all ears."

"Alright so, I had a meeting with Carl's lawyers this morning. They decided to settle."Ava explained. "Well, the just has required him to because he says your family has suffered severely. He knows that he can fix the damage that's been done so you're getting 3.5Million dollars."Ava added and Damita's eyes widened.

"Come again?"Damita asked clutching her chest. "Did you say....3.5 million...dollars?"

"That's what I said."Ava chuckled and pulled some papers from her brief case that sat on the island. "Amaru, I'm going to need you to sign here. Stating that you agree and won't try to get anymore money after you get it. Then initial up here."

Amaru happily took the pen from her and signed his name. "So when they get everything together, the check will be sent to our office Damita. I'll give it to you to keep once it clears."Ava smiled and slipped the paper back on her briefcase. "I'll leave you guys to celebrate. I'll let myself out."Ava left the kitchen and let herself out through the garage.

"Baby, this is huge. I don't even know what to say."Damita sighed as Amaru put his hands on her waist. "It is. We gotta celebrate."Amaru smirked and kissed her forehead.

"What you got in mind, daddy?"Damita chuckled and bit her lip.

"Not that kind of celebration freak nasty. I want us to actually go out and celebrate. We can do that too though."Amaru laughed and picked her up and sat her on the counter. "I'm hungry. You gone take care of that?"

"You a millionaire now. You better go buy you some food."Damita laughed and pushed him out of her face.

"Damn-n-n-n. We ain't been rich for 10 minutes and you already switching up."Amaru stood between her legs. "You really ain't gone make me nothing to eat?"

"What do you want?"She asked.

"Make me a burger."He demanded and smacked her ass.

"Alright daddy, let me up."She replied and kissed him on the lips. He moved from between her legs and helped her off of the counter.  "What do you want on it."She asked, pulling out all the things that she needed.

"Everything. You know how I like it."Amaru smirked and grabbed her waist. "That's what I thought. Better cook for daddy."He chuckled and slapped her on the ass once again.

"Keep it up. Your ass won't eat."Damita turned around pushed him.

"My bad baby. Ima just sit here and watch."Amaru laughed and sat down in a chair. He loved watching her do activities around the house like cooking or cleaning because she was sexy to him. Especially when she wasn't trying to be.

"Daddy, roll us one please?" Damita asked, flipping his patty on their stove top grill.

"I already got one. Ima go get it."He got up from the chair he sat in and went to their stash. He got a blunt and their favorite lighter. He went back downstairs, taking his place back in the chair.

"How was your session today?  I forgot to ask you." Amaru sparked up their blunt. He asked because he loved to hear her speak. Her voice made him get goosebumps all over.

"It went really well. Amari and I really got somewhere. We both cried, it was great that we were both finally able to put our feelings all on the table and move past it. Everything was good, until Dr.Williams suggested that I have a session with Katherine."Damita rolled her eyes and grabbed the blunt from him. "You want fries?"

"Yeah gimme some, and what's the problem you ain't with it?"Amaru chuckled.

"Hell nah I ain't with it. I don't want to deal with her, if we goto a session together the police would have to be on stand by. I might kill that bitch."Damita exhaled and turned on the oven.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her down. She sat in his lap and they were face to face. He cupped her face in his hands. "Babygirl, I want you to at least think about it. I know that you don't want to speak to her, but maybe it's what you need. I know you, I know you're not listening. Ima keep talking though. She needs to know that you have risen above everything that she's tried to do to you and that you're still standing tall. You have to show her that you might've bent but you aren't broken. Not only that, show her that you're taking good care of these kids regardless of what the fuck she thought you was gonna do."Amaru explained and kissed her lips. He grabbed the blunt from her and put to his lips. He blew some smoke in her mouth and she inhaled it.

"Sleep on it."Amaru kissed her forehead and she got up. She fixed up his plate and sat it down in front of him. "Here you go, daddy."

Damita started to walk away, but Amaru grabbed her hand. "Think about Baby, I'm serious."He kissed her hand and she smiled.

"I will baby. Eat your food."She kissed his temple and started to clean up. She put all the stuff she used away and washed the dishes. "You want something to drink?"Damita asked.

"Yeah, give me a sprite."Amaru replied taking a big bite of his burger. She grabbed him a can out of the refrigerator and handed it to him. "Thank you baby."He smiled. "Why didn't you make you one? You not hungry?"

"No,not right now. Can we just take a shower and lay down? Whenever you're done."Damita sighed and started to hit their blunt once again.

"You alright? You want to talk about it?"Amaru rubbed her thigh.

"I'm fine daddy, really. I'm just not hungry. I'll eat later."

"You haven't really been eating since you got back. I don't want you to get sick. Eat some of these fries."Amaru pushed his plate towards her and she pushed it back. "Baby, I'm not hungry. I would have made me something if I was. I made that for you."

"Alright. I ain't gone push you. I guess you'll eat when you ready."Amaru finished his food and washed his plate.

Damita looked a bit pouty, so he picked her bridal style and started kissing on her. "I don't like to see my baby pouting."He continued kissing her and she started laughing.

He took her upstairs and let her down in their room. He went to go start the shower and they started to undress together. They climbed into the shower and Damita gave Amaru a quick peck on the lips. "I love you. I feel like I haven't told you that in a while."She smiled and kissed him one more time.

"I love you too."Amaru wrapped his arms around her. "You aight?"

"I'm fine."She laid her head on his shoulder and exhaled. "I'm good."

Amaru picked up her towel and started to rub soap all over her. She then did the same thing to him and they got out to dry off.

Damita made up their bed and they climbed in together. He held her tight and she laid on his chest as always.

"Think about what I said."He rubbed on her back.

"I have though it over. I guess I'll do it...for you."She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever happens when you meet her, just know that I'm here for you."He replied and kissed her forehead. They always made her smile. It made her feel at ease.