9.

"Aaliyah Shantel. Get up. I'm not gone tell you again."Damita yelled snatching the covers off her daughter.

"Mommy. I don't want to goto practice today."Aaliyah sighed and turned the other way.

"Fine. Don't go. Next time your ass end up in 3rd place don't come crying to me. I told you to get up."Damita shrugged and walked out if the room.  "Amaru. Get Up! Let's go!"She yelled from the hallway.

"I'm up already. I was brushing my hair."Amaru replied peeking out of the bathroom door.

"What the hell you brushing your hair for? Some lil girl coming to watch you practice?"Damita asked.

"Momma..it's time I told you."He replied resting a hand on his mother's shoulder. "I have a girlfriend. I'm sorry it had to end like this."He faked cried.

"A girlfriend? I thought I was your girlfriend."She gasped dramatically and put her hand on her chest. They both started to laugh. "Okay let me go get dressed."She continued to laugh and walked off.

She put on a pair of tight jeans and a pair of black pointed toe pumps with a white shirt and black sweater to match her shoes.

"I swear to god. If these children are not ready, they're staying here."Damita said to herself as she grabbed her purse and keys to walk out of the door.

"I'm walking to the car. If you're not in it when I start it up, you're staying here."Damita said as she walked down the hallway. She made her outside to the garage and climbed into her car. She sat there a couple of minutes to give the kids time to get to the car. Finally when she was just about to turn the keys to start up her engine they both came running out of the door.

She dropped Amaru off first then Aaliyah and made her way to Dr.Williams office.

"Good morning Mrs. Shakur."Her receptionist spoke as she passed her desk. She didn't say anything back, because she didn't really like her. She just smiled and continued to walk.

She walked into Dr.Williams' office and sat down on the couch across from her.

"Nice to see you Damita. You've cancelled so many of our visits. I was beginning to think you didn't want to see me anymore."Dr.Williams laughed.

"I kinda wasn't in the mood."Damita shrugged.

"So what's got you in the mood today?"Dr.Williams asked resting her head on her hand.

"I've been seeing my husband. I don't know what it is, but I can feel him. It's like he's there with me and I don't know what to do."Damita sighed.

"Hm. What do you mean by that?"Dr.Williams asked.

"He was in the shower with me last night. He kissed me and I felt it."She explained.

"Well, it's been awhile since you were having the dreams about him. So is there anything going on in your life that could've made him come back to your mind?"Dr. Williams asked.

"His birthday was last week. I watched a couple of videos and looked at a couple of videos. I also made up with my daughter."Damita explained.

"One question. Have you been taking the medicine?"She asked.

"No. I told you I don't like how it makes me feel. I feel all emotionless and loopy. I hate it. My kids don't like when I'm like that."She sighed.

"Maybe I can give you a lower dosage and that will help you out. Also, are you still self medicating?"Dr. Williams asked. Damita rolled her eyes and looked down at her nails.

"Maybe."She said dryly. "I feel much better doing that then taking your stupid medicine."She mumbled.

"When was the first time you started seeing him again?"Dr.Williams asked, writing something down on her notepad.

"About two nights ago. I had a very vivid dream about him."She replied with a light giggle.

"I see. Was it a sexual dream?"Dr.Williams asked.

"Yeah."Damita replied coyly putting her hand over her face.

"These type of dreams usually mean that we're wanting sexual activity or not enjoying the sexual activity that we have been getting. You said you didn't enjoy sex with your boyfriend right?"Dr.Williams asked.

"He's not my boyfriend anymore, but no not really. I mean it was okay. It just didn't feel right. I thought about my husband the whole time. I felt like I was cheating on him."Damita sighed, rubbing her hands through her hair.

"Is that why you broke up with him? Because of the sex?"Dr.Williams asked.

"Well, we've only had sex like twice so no. I broke up with because he proposed to me. I can't marry him. I can't do that."Damita answered and her voice started to crack.

"Amaru is the only man I've ever loved. I'll never love Trevor like that. I feel like I've already wasted his time enough."She cried. "I don't want to hurt him anymore then I already have."

"Besides, I don't want another man playing daddy to my children. They have a father. He's just gone."Damita added.

"Has Trevor told you that you're hiring him?"Dr.Williams asked.

"No but I know I am. I see it in his eyes. He tries to deal with me and I just don't want to be with him. I don't love him. I feel so bad."She sniffed and wiped her eyes. Dr.Williams handed her a box tissues and rubbed her hand.

"You can't feel bad because you don't feel the same way he does. Things just didn't work out and that's fine. Don't blame yourself. Trevor will be fine."Dr.Williams replied.

"So I've got something I want you to do. I want you to write two letters. One to Trevor and one to your husband, telling them both everything that you're feeling right now. Then I want you to bury them in your backyard. Tell me how you feel after you do that."

"Okay."Damita replied drying all her tears.

"Also. Your mother called. I told her our sessions were going great and you're doing amazing. I think you should try getting closer to your sisters too."Dr.Williams explained.

"I don't really know if I'm ready for that yet. I'll think about it."Damita replied grabbing her purse. "I'll see you next week Dr.Williams."She smiled and walked out.

She hopped into her car and headed to her office. There were a couple of things she wanted to check on.

"Good morning Mrs.Shakur."Rose the office assistant said as Damita walked in.

"Morning."Damita replied dryly. She had to get in boss mode. She wasn't her regular self here.

"Mrs.Shakur? Can we talk?"Ava asked.

"Listening."She said dryly as she continued to walk to her office.

"I wanted to ask you about making partner."Ava explained.

"Partner? With whom? Not you I hope."Damita chuckled sarcastically. "Ava. Don't get me wrong you're a great attorney but you make too many mistakes to make partner. Quite frankly you almost didn't make it to Executive Attorney."She explained and continued to walk to her outfit.

"Bitch."She mumbled as Damita turned around and continued to walk to her office.

"I heard that. Those type of activities are why you'd never make partner. I have three children sweet heart I'd hear you if I were outside."She chuckled and continued to walk to her outfit.

"Good Morning Mrs. Shakur. You have a guest in your office. I asked him to wait on you, but he insisted that he wait in your office."Tasha, Damita's assistant explained.

"Really? You just let anybody in my office? There's no telling what they could be doing in there. I'm telling you, you guys do some really juvenile things. I'm beginning to think that these law schools are just passing out degrees to anybody."She rambled as she walked into her office and closed the door.

She had her purse on her desk and walked over to her desk to turn her chair around when it turned around on its own.

"Close your mouth baby girl. Something might fly in."He chuckled and stood up in front of her.