26

"You ready?"Amaru asked, as he tied up his shoes.

"As ready as I'm going to get."Damita sighed, pulling her phone off of the charger.

"You know you don't have to go through with this if you don't want to. I completely understand if you." Amaru said in a comforting voice.

"I know, I've made my decision though. We can keep the baby." Damita said in a voice that made Amaru feel as if she was unsure. He nodded his head and grabbed her keys off of their dresser.

"You want me to drive?" Amaru asked and she nodded her head, telling him she wanted him to drive. They walked out to the car and he started to drive. For most of the ride, Damita only spoke few words. She was thinking, she had an uneasy feeling about her doctors appointment today.

"You alright, baby?"Amaru asked as he opened the door for her. "I'm fine babe, just a little nervous." She replied, grabbing his hand as they walked into Dr.Anderson's building. After all these years she was still in the same place.

They had gotten there right in time, so Damita was taken straight back. Dr.Anderson was very happy to see them.

"Well if it isn't my favorite couple. I knew I'd see you guys back in her someday."She smiled, making them both laugh.

"Hey, you know I can't keep my hands off her." Amaru smirked and looked at his wife.

"Oh I know."Dr.Anderson laughed as she set up her equipment.

"So, Damita, before we get started do you have any questions or concerns?"Dr.Anderson asked as Damita raised up her shirt.

"Well, I don't really feel pregnant. I know I just found out, but I'll usually notice by now. Also, I've been doing some things that a pregnant women shouldn't be doing." Damita sighed and Dr.Anderson nodded her head.

"Alright, well let's take a look."She replied, squeezing the gel onto Damita's stomach.

Her and Amaru nervously looked up the screen, anxious to what she'd say.

"So, you're about five weeks. As you can see, your baby is very small."Dr.Anderson said, pointing at the screen. "The Baby is just a little underdeveloped, but that's normal for your age group and it's still early."

"Is the baby okay though? She's going to be fine right?"Amaru asked, nervously.

"It's a bit too early to tell, honestly. The pregnancy can go either way."Dr.Anderson replied. "I'm going to refer you to my friend, Dr.Robinson. She's a fertility specialist."

"What can she do for me?" Damita asked,worriedly.

"I'll have her give you this treatment that will help with the development of your baby. I'm also going to need you to gets lots of rest Damita."She explained and Damita nodded her head. "So as of right now, until your next appointment with me, you're on bedrest."

"Yes ma'am." Damita replied with a small sigh.

"I'm going to go give Dr.Robinson a call and let you know when she could see you. Stay put."Dr.Anderson instructed before walking out of the room.

Amaru stood up and sat down at the edge of the bed. "I'm going to take very good care of you for the next nine months. You won't be lifting a finger."He smiled and placed a soft kiss on her stomach.

She sighed and bit down her lip to hold the tears that were trying to burst through her eyes. "Amaru, I'm scared."she took a deep breath and started to cry. He knew she was serious because she never called him by his name.

"Babygirl."He started and grabbed her hand, looking directly into her eyes. "I'm telling you,everything is going to be okay. Don't stress yourself out."