35

You killed me mommy. You killed all of us. We all died because of you. It's all your fault. You shouldn't have killed me Mommy, you could have kept my sister and my brother, but you killed me. I had to take them.  It's all your fault. You hurt my daddy. He disappeared because of you.

After calling all the numbers that Dr.Williams gave him, he finally located Damita. She was at an institution called Chesterfield. 

It was about an hour out of town, but he drove there without hesitation.  It was big like a house or a boarding school. It had little to no windows and big white columns surrounding the doors. It was very nice but was still no place for his baby.

He walked in and he could see several patients walking around. Some of them looked normal and others of them were banging their heads against the walls, talking to themselves, scratching and shaking.

"May I help you sir?"A heavy set blonde woman walked up to him.

"I'm looking for my wife."Amaru responded as he eyes scanned the room.

"Ok, let me take you to visitation."She smiled and started to walk in front of him.

"Oh no, I don't want to visit. I want to take her home."Amaru replied. "I don't think she should be here. She's fine and her doctor thinks so too."

"Well, if she's a voluntary patient we need her consent before you're able to take her. She also has to have been here for at least 48 hours before she can leave."The woman explained to him as they continued to walk down the cold hallways.

Some patients doors were open and they just looked crazy. He didn't see her like he saw them. He didn't think she needed to be here, she wasn't like them.

"She's been here 4 days."Amaru replied lowly. It saddened him that he hadn't spoken to her in that long.  He needed to hold her and kiss her.

"Well, if she's good you should be able to take her then. Do you have her psychiatrist's contact number and a Mental evaluation?"The woman asked.

"Yes ma'am.  That's what took me so long to come and get her." Amaru explained.

"What's your wife's name? If you don't mind me asking?"She asked as they continued walking.

"Her name is Damita Shakur."He replied with a small sigh. He was tired of talking about her, he wanted to her in his presence.

"Short, brown skinned and quiet?"She asked and he nodded his head. "Yeah. That's her."

"Maybe you can get her to talk. Since she's been here, she won't talk. All she told me was her name."She replied.

Amaru didn't respond, he didn't have anything to say. 

They started to walk up a small flight of stairs before reaching several open doors. "Alright. This is her room. I'm going to let you talk and visit with her. Since you're her husband, we don't have to supervise the visit. Give me all the documents that you brought and all take them downstairs. I'll be back in a few minutes to tell you what they say."She explained and Amaru nodded once again.

"Thank you."

He walked into her room and she was sitting in a chair writing something. The doctors gave her a journal to document how she's feeling during her stay.

He didn't want to scare her, so he knocked on the metal frame surrounding the door and she turned around.

She looked up at him and gave him a toothless smile. "Hi baby"

"I missed you."Amaru bit down on his lip. He walked towards her and sat down on the bed that stood across from her chair.

"I've missed you too."She smiled and looked down, fidgeting with her hands.