4

"What'd you guys order?"Damita asked as she sat next to her daughter in the circular booth.

"Meat Lovers, Garlic knots, Hawaiian and pepperoni."Aaliyah answered with a smile.

"Ooh yes."Damita smiled as she sipped on the sweet tea that they'd ordered for her. Amaru laughed at how excited his mother and sister were to eat, they were completely alike.

"Ma, do you miss daddy?"Amaru asked, causing Damita to take a deep sigh.

"Of course I miss him. He was everything to me. You remind me of him so much."Damita smiled and stroked her hair.

"Come on mommy, tell us some stories."Aaliyah smiled and put her head in her hands. They were always very interested to hear stories about their dad.

"What do you want to hear?"Damita chuckled.

"Well, you only tell us the good stories. I know things weren't sweet all the time. Tell us about the hard times. Were you guys ever not together?"Amaru asked, very interested.

Damita tried to be an open book with her children. Especially when it came to things about their father. Although there were some things she just couldn't speak on, she tried to fill them in on everything else.

"Yeah there was actually. We were separated for about four months. It was very hard, but at that point I think we needed to be apart for awhile."She shrugged and continued to drink her tea.

"Why?"Aaliyah asked.

"Well let's just say that your daddy got himself into some trouble and it really upset me. He also kept a really big secret from me and I thought that I couldn't trust him anymore because he lied."She added.

"Were you sad? I know you missed him. I know he missed us."Amaru shrugged.

"You guys weren't born yet. I guess you could say that you guys were an outcome of us making up."She laughed. "We went to Hawaii for two weeks and I came back pregnant."

"Ma. Eww."Amaru flared his nostrils and put his pizza down as if his mother had grossed him out.

"Is that the same thing you're doing with Trevor? You know taking a break?"Aaliyah asked. The question made Damita uneasy, because she hadn't even told them about that yet.

"What do you mean?"She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Well, he told us that you weren't answering his calls. I told him that you have an attitude problem and he probably needed to take you out so that you could feel better, then he said that you told him that you needed your space."Aaliyah explained.

Damita had been trying to break it off with Trevor for months, but she just didn't know how. She knew that she didn't love him the way he loves her a long time ago, but she continued to waste both of their time.

"I think you should talk to him. Trevor is a good dude."Amaru shrugged, sipping his drink.

"I thought so too. So I kinda told him where we were." Aaliyah said in a high pitched voice.

"You did what?"Damita sighed. Aaliyah knew that her mother didn't do well with surprises. It could give her an anxiety attack, she was doing so well.

"Well since we're sharing secrets, I invited Amari over for dinner tomorrow."Amaru replied really fast and looked away because he didn't want to see his mother's reaction.

"You kids must want me to die. You want me to have a heart attack right- I cannot..."

Trevor then walked up and kissed Damita on the cheek and she stopped talking.

"Talk to me outside please?"he asked and she slowly stood up to follow him outside.

"I got you this."He smiled and handed her a small bag. "Open it."

"I'll open it later...what did you want to talk about?"Damita asked.

"Well the thing in that bag has a lot to do with it. I mean I know you asked for your space and that's fine. I'll give you that, but I have to make sure you know I feel first."He explained grabbing her hand.

"We've been together almost two years and you're all I think about. That's why you're the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing on my mind before I goto sleep. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."He added, lowering himself to get down on one knee.

"Open the bag."

Damita opened the bag and pulled out a small box that sure enough contained a ring. She took a deep breath and small tear rolled down her face.

"Trevor... I'm sorry."she sighed.

"It's okay. I'll give you some time to think."He replied, raising up from the ground.

"I don't need time to think! Look Trevor, I'm sorry I can't do this."She added starting breathe heavily.

"Trevor...I can't marry you. I don't want to marry you. I'm sorry."

"What! Why not? I've been good to you! We've been together two years. I don't fucking get it."he turned away and raised his voice.

"Because...Because I don't love you. I'm sorry."She teared up and started to walk away. 

I'm sorry if the chapter was trash.....I tried 🤷🏽‍♀️