38

"Where you going?"Jermaine pulled Amari down back into the bed.

"I've been laying here with you all day. I need to go see my mom. It's been a few weeks."She replied, removing his hands from her waist. She kissed him on the lips and put her shoes on.

"I wanna meet your momma again. I think I need a better introduction, because I don't she likes me."Jermaine chuckled.

Amari laughed and picked up her keys. "I wouldn't say that. It has nothing to do with you. She doesn't like the situation."

"She just seem kinda mean."He added

"She's not. She's really sweet actually, that's just how she comes off. I mean she's a lawyer, that's just how she has to be. She's funny too. She's like a best friend and a mom."Amari explained.

"Well, let me her today then."Jermaine argued.

"Not today. Soon, but not today. I don't think it's a good a time. She's been going through a lot and it might not be a good time."Amari replied. "I'm sorry. I can't really get into what's going on either. I don't think that's something she would want me to talk about. It's very personal."

"I understand. It's cool, I get that."Jermaine nodded his head. "You coming back though, right?"He asked.

"Tomorrow. I have class in the morning and I'm not going to let you keep me up all night like you did last night."Amari chuckled and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"I ain't keep you up, that's what you wanted. Come back though, I'll help you study. For real."Jermaine laughed and she nodded her head.

"No. I don't trust you, I'll come tomorrow."She replied and started to walk away. "Bye."She blew him a kiss and left his room.

Amari walked out to her car and drove to her mother's house. She parked in the front and entered the garage then walked into the house.

"Hey Liyah."Amari cooed, hugging her sister. She then kissed her on the cheek.

"Hi Mari. Where have you been? Feels like I haven't seen you in a while."Aaliyah replied, sitting her phone down.

"I've been busy with school and all. How's Mommy, is she okay?" Amari asked.

"She's much better. Back to herself and she's been happy."Aaliyah explained.

"I'm glad. Where is she?"Amari stood up and looked around.

"Where do you think she's at?"Aaliyah laughed and playfully rolled her eyes.

"Upstairs with daddy or in the backyard?"Amari shook head and clutched her forehead.

"Outside with a cloud of smoke and a glass of wine."Aaliyah laughed.

"Well, where's daddy and bighead?"Amari asked.

"Daddy is outside with Mommy. and Amaru , he's in the shower. He should be down in a second though because we watch Riverdale together."Aaliyah started looking in her phone once again. Amari walked outside where her parents were. They were all over other...like usual.

Amaru was laying back on their outside bed wrapped up in a blanket with Damita sitting on his lap. The back of her head laid against his chest and he had one arm wrapped around her waist as he held the blunt in his other hand.