45

Damita walked into the living room and sat on her husband's lap. She was trying to distract him from what he was watching on tv. "Daddy, I need to go shopping."She smiled and he didn't pay her any attention.

"Ok. Go shopping then."Amaru laughed and kept his attention on the television.

"I want you to take me. I need new clothes for Paris."Damita beamed and laid her head on his shoulder. "Daddy, stop ignoring me."She whined and pouted.

"Baby, I'm watching the basketball game. Go play on your phone or something."Amaru replied in an annoyed tone. "You have friends. We don't have to do EVERYTHING together."

"Yes we do."She rolled her eyes. She tried to act as if she was sad that he didn't want to go shopping with her, but he didn't even care.

"Where's Amari?"He asked.

"Not here obviously."Damita rolled her eyes and got out of his lap. He grabbed her arm and snatched her back down. "You think I give a fuck about your lil funky ass attitude? Because I don't."He growled and she rolled her eyes once again.

"I don't care either. Ima call Taniyah and Ava. I'm not gonna come back until tomorrow morning, watch."Damita crossed her arms.

"You know better."Amaru chuckled. "I'll come get your ass and you know I will."

"Why won't you just take me shopping? I don't want to be with my friends. I want to be with you."She whined and wrapped her arms around him. "Stop being mean to me."

"Baby, why you messing with me? What's the problem, you want some dick or something? Is that why you're acting like a brat?"Amaru asked, picking her out of his lap and throwing her on the couch.

He laid in between her legs and started kissing on her. "No daddy, I want to go sh- oh-mmm-uhhh."She moaned as he filled her up.

He kissed her all over her cheeks and her like as he continued to push himself in and out of her.

"You always doing this to me."Damita moaned as tears rolled down her face.

He chuckled at her and kissed her once again. Her body was overwhelmed with pleasure and she released all over him.

"You finished already?"Amaru laughed and got off of her, giving her space to breathe.

"Come here."Damita sighed and stuck her arms out. He laid on her shoulder and she kissed his head.

"You still want to go shopping?"He chuckled.

"Give me a minute."She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"You good?"Amaru asked worriedly and she nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm good. I just had to get myself together."

"Do you want to go now?"Amaru asked.

"Yes. We gotta take a shower first though."She instructed and he got off of her. They went upstairs and took a quick shower then got dressed to goto mall like Damita had been asking.

Amaru tired her out a bit so Damita just put on T-shirt dress and some sandals. Her hair was in a high ponytail and she didn't wear any makeup.

Amaru just put on a Nike tracksuit and the shoes to match. Damita had bought it for him and he never got to wear it.

"What mall do you want to goto?"Amaru picked up the keys and started to walk down the stairs.

"It doesn't matter. They mostly have the same stores."Damita followed him out to the garage.

They climbed in the car together and the drive was silent until Amaru started to speak.

"Baby. Does it still bother you?"Amaru asked randomly.

Damita took a deep breath before she started to speak. She kind of didn't want to talk about this, but since it was him she'd allow it. "Not anymore."She replied.

"Is there a reason for that? Or you just stopped thinking about it?"Amaru asked.

"At first it started bothering me because Amari is pregnant and I'm not. Now I feel like there's a reason for that. Technically, I'm still having a baby. I'm just not delivering it."Damita shrugged.

"If you still want to, we can try."Amaru reassures her and she nodded her head. "No. It's not meant for me to have another. That's why god is giving me a grand child to spoil rotten. I don't want to be called granny or grandma though. I'm too young, I'm still fine."Damita replied making Amaru laugh.

"We'll think about that when the time comes, but for now I'm going to spoil you."He smiled and sat his hand on her thigh.

They pulled up to the mall and Damita ran wild once they walked in. She started picking up everything. Gucci, Burberry, Prada, Guess and Louis Vuitton. She wanted it all and Amaru carried all the bags.

She had boots, coats, skirts, hats and stuff she didn't even need.

"Baby, don't you already have this?"Amaru sighed, taking a black Prada pea coat out of her hand.

"No I don't. Mine is grey. This one is black."Damita rolled her eyes and grabbed it back from him.

"Get a different coat."Amaru laughed and hung it back up. "Like this one, this shit fly. Try it on."Amaru picked up the coat and handed it to her. It was a burgundy puffy bomber jacket.

They walked to the mirrors and she put the jacket on. "I like this."Damita smiled and looked at the jacket in the mirror.

"Get it."He smiled, watching her from behind. She grabbed the jacket and they walked over to the section to pay for it.

"Baby, I need a break. Let's go eat ice cream or something."Amaru laughed. He wanted to sit down and sit all of her bags down too.

"Okay."She smiled and grabbed his hand. They walked to the food court. "You can sit down, daddy. I'll get it."

She went to the ice cream booth and ordered them two scoops to share.  "How much is it?"Damita asked as the man behind the counter handed her the cup and one spoon.

"Free. Pretty girls always get a discount."The man winked at her and she rolled her eyes. "May I have another spoon please?"She asked, ignoring his comment.

He handed it to her but held it tightly. "You should give me your number."He smiled.

"My husband and I share a phone. Just like we're about to share this ice cream."Damita rolled her eyes once again and snatched the spoon away from him.

She walked back to the table her and Amaru were sitting at then pulled her chair really close to his. "Why you ain't just sit on my lap?"Amaru laughed.

"Because, I have on a dress."Damita handed him his spoon. He took the spoon, grabbed her hand to pull her into his lap. "You just want me to be on you. Don't start being nasty."Damita laughed.

"Girl hush. I just want to eat my ice cream."He continued to laugh. "Who calling us?"He asked as one of their phones vibrates in his pocket.  It was Damita's phone. He took it out of his pocket and handed it to her. "It's Angie."

"Hello-o-o"Damita Sung, she was always happy to speak to her.

"Huh? What happened?"

"Well, that's unfortunate."

"No, I didn't know."

"Actually, I have to take Amari to the doctor when she gets out of class. So I won't be able to make it."

Amaru just listened to Damita speaking to Angie because he couldn't hear what she was saying.

"I mean, At least I know she'll be quiet now."Damita shrugged and Angie became loud enough for Amaru to hear. "Damita, That isn't funny at all."

"When did you say it was? Wednesday? Ok I'll be there."Damita rushed Angie off of the phone and hung up before she could say anything else.

"What happened? What was she talking about?"Amaru asked.

"Katherine. She's dead."Damita continued to eat her ice cream as if she had said something minor.