15

"Baby. I gotta pee." Amaru laughed, shaking Damita so that she could wake up. "Baby. Get up."He sighed and she finally turned over. She had been asleep since they came back last night and Amaru was anxious for her wake up. Not because he was uncomfortable, he wanted to talk to her and kiss on her.

He went to the bathroom quickly and joined her in the bed once again. "BabyGirl." Amaru whispered, pulling her in his direction so that she could lay on him.

"Hmm?"She replied with her eyes still closed. "We gotta goto the grocery store, remember?"He asked, rubbing her back softly.

"What time is it?"She asked, rubbing her hand across her face.

"Almost 2 o'clock."

She rubbed her eyes again and sat up. "Come take a shower with me?" She asked in a low sleepy voice. He nodded his head and she got up to brush her teeth.

She turned on the shower and kept the door open, so the bathroom could be steamy the way she liked it.

She took off her clothes and Amaru followed suit, following her into the shower. Damita wrapped her arms around his waist sat her head on his chest, letting the water fall on her back.

"What's wrong?" Amaru asked, lifting her head. "Nothing. I just wanted to touch you."She replied rubbing his back. "Can I have a kiss?"

He grabbed her face with both of his hands and pecked her lips softly. He pulled back and looked at her. "I love you Damita."He smiled and kissed her once again.

"I love you too." She replied looking up at him. She grabbed a towel and started to bathe his chest.

"You know you have to go speak to the detectives soon right? They're going to call and I have to tell them the truth."Damita explained, rubbing the towel across the rest of his body.

"Yeah. I know, but what happens after they know I'm alive and I tell them everything?" Amaru asked, raising up his arms.

"Most likely you're going to court. They opened the case again about 3 months ago. You'll need a lawyer, but don't worry about any of that. I've got all of that under control."She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his lips.

"Okay, but when I do that you have to do something for me." Amaru explained grabbing her hands and looking into her eyes.

"What is it daddy?"Damita asked staring up into his eyes.

"You need to mend your relationships with people. Especially our friends and family. Obviously not your family because I know that's gonna take a miracle, but everybody else."He explained, rubbing on her butt.

She sighed and continued to look into his eyes. "I'll consider it. I really will."

Finally they bathed each other and got out of the shower.  Then put on their clothes to head to the grocery store.

"What do you want me to cook?"Damita asked, grabbing his hand as they walked into the store.

"I don't even know baby. You can make anything and Ima eat."He chuckled.

"You're literally no help."Damita sighed and rolled her eyes. " You don't have a taste for anything?"

"Oh I do. I can't buy what I want in the store though."He smiled and bit his lip. She rolled her eyes and pushed his head.

"You're annoying."She scoffed and pushed the basket down the aisle. "I think I'm gonna do chicken, baked chicken." She smiled and nodded her head. "I saw this recipe on Facebook that I want to try, so I think I'll make that."

"See, you didn't even need me. Look at you."Amaru smiled and tried to kiss her on the cheek but she stuck her hand out. "Back your ass up."

She grabbed all the ingredients she needed for the recipe she saw along with the sides and a couple of snacks.