3.

"Damita please come inside."Katherine smiled opening her daughters car door.

"Why?"Damita replied with her arms crossed in front of her. "What do you want?"

"Katherine where are my children? I've had a long day and I'm ready to go home."She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"You are so disrespectful to me. I'm still your mother and I told you I needed to talk to you, so get out of the car."Katherine replied, raising her voice.

Damita rolled her eyes once again and then turned off her car. She then followed her mother into the house.

"Hey mommy."Aaliyah smiled and hugged her mother. "Hey baby."She kissed her daughter on the forehead.

"Hey Ma."Amaru smiled, joining their group hug. Her children were always so happy to see her and it made her so happy. 

"You're going to make me fall."She chuckled, holding onto her sons hand. They were both almost taller than her, so these group hugs almost injured her every time.

"Sorry ma."Amaru chuckled and stepped back.  "Any idea what your grandma wants to talk to me about?"Damita asked.

"I don't know mom. She's been acting weird. It could be anything."Amaru whispered.

"Damita, I'm in the kitchen."Katherine yelled and She rolled her eyes.

"Go and get your stuff together and start up the car. I have a feeling this isn't going to go well."Damita instructed, placing a hand on her forehead. She then walked into the kitchen and sat across from her mother.

"What is it Mother Dearest?"She asked humorously.

"I'll let that slide, but how are you doing?"Katherine asked.

"I'm doing great. Is that all?"Damita asked.

"You haven't been going to therapy. I don't pay for that so you can not go. A deposit comes out of me and your father's pocket every month and you're being so ungrateful."Katherine said.

"I never asked you to do that. I never asked you to do a lot of things, but you still continue."Damita chuckled.

"Damita you haven't picked up your medicine in three months. May I ask why?"Katherine asked.

"Because I'm a grown ass woman and I don't want to. I am 45 years old and you're not going to tell me how to live my life. That's why."Damita replied with an attitude.

"You don't act like a 45 year old woman Damita. Not throwing tantrums and throwing things in the doctors office. I knew it wasn't a good idea to let you out. Afeni and Angela were so convinced that you were normal. You never have been, I knew it since the day you graduated high school and begged us to send you to that thug party of a college you graduated from. You confirmed when you married that damn boy. You are so far from what I imagined you'd be. Sometimes I'm not even sure you're my kid. You had to be switched at the hospital."Katherine said with a smile on her face the whole time.

"I'm fine."Damita replied as her lips quivered.

"No you're not. I bet you still have that ridiculous idea that your husband is still alive too. Don't you?"Katherine chuckled.