flashbacks-2

"Y'all be tripping man."Mike sighed and shook his head. "Keisha, come get your ass in this car."He yelled.

"I ain't going nowhere with you. Fuck you."Keisha rolled her eyes.

"Don't make me tell you again or ima pick your big ass up and put you in the car."Mike yelled once again, but she didn't move. He walked over and snatched her arm, dragging her to the car. He pushed her in and they were gone.

"Give me my damn baby."Damita yelled, snatching Amari away from her father.

"Don't grab her like that."Amaru yelled back, trying to stop her from grabbing their daughter. She rolled her eyes at him and stuck out her middle finger before walking away.

"Man, get your ass in the car. You going home."He raises his voice, walking behind her. She walked to Taniyah's car and sat in the passenger seat with Amari in her lap. Taniyah stood against her car, arguing with Eric.

"I bet this shit was your idea huh? Bringing your dumb ass up here to fuck up these people club."Eric yelled trying to push her head, but she slapped his hand.

"I don't give a fuck! Your ass shouldn't have been here."Taniyah argued, pushing him. They were the type of couple who fought physically. That wasn't healthy but that's just who they were.

"Take yo' ass home. Meet me there. You got me fucked up. I ain't finna beat your ass in front all these people. I should really slap the fuck out you because you got my daughter out here."Eric argued and Taniyah just rolled her eyes. "You ain't gonna do a goddamn thing."

"Aight. Keep playing with me Taniyah. You better get your ass in that car."Eric laughed and put Tyneshia in her car seat. Taniyah sucked her teeth and got in the car.

"Amaru! You better stop beating on my damn window, if you break my shit. That's your ass."Taniyah yelled and Amaru ignored still beating on the window.

"Girl. Please open that door and talk to him before he breaks my damn window."Taniyah chuckled and Damita just laughed.

"Ima roll the window down. If I open the door, he gone snatch me out the car."Damita giggled and rolled the window down.

"Damita. Get your ass out this car."Amaru said through gritted teeth.

"I don't like the way that you're speaking to me. I think I'll go spend the night with my best friend."Damita replied sarcastically.

"You think I won't come over there and get you? I'll make it there before you will."Amaru yelled and Damita sighed then started to roll the window back up.

"You getting out?"Taniyah asked.

"Yeah."Damita rolled her eyes and looked down at Amari, laying on her chest. "Mari is sleepy and I told you she's sick. Ty needs to get some rest too; so ima go get in the car with your dumb ass brother."

They hugged and Damita got out of the car and held Amari against her shoulder.
She walked to Amaru's car and put Amari in the car seat.

She got in the passenger seat and Amaru started up the car. "Why you come up here and do all that? Y'all got us banned from the club and we been going there forever. How you even get in? Women not even allowed in there."Amaru asked, lowly because Amari started falling asleep in the car seat.

"You should've been home. You've been gone all day."Damita replied. "You left this morning to goto work. You know something is wrong with my car, so we've been in the house all day. I called you several times, one of which was to tell you that Amari needed more milk and you didn't answer. Then I find out that you're at the strip club. So yeah, I acted up and I'm not sorry for it. If anybody should be apologizing, it's you."

"Do she still need some?"Amaru asked.

"No. Angie brought her some."Damita replied and stared out the window. "You know, sometimes I feel like you wish that you weren't married or that you didn't have a child."

"What?"Amaru asked.

"Nothing. Never mind."Damita turned to the backseat and pulled Amari out of car seat because she looked uncomfortable. She laid her on her shoulder.

They had arrived home and Damita got out of the car first. She laid Amari in their bed and laid next to her. Amari didn't usually sleep with them but tonight she wanted her to.

"What did you say in the car?"Amaru asked undressing himself.

"I said that I feel like you wish that you weren't married and that you didn't have a child."She repeated herself. "Amari is almost one and you've never been alone with her. You're always finding some reason to be elsewhere instead of home with us."

"Yes I have been alone with her. You take her everywhere with you. How am I supposed to get her?"Amaru argued.

"You could ask, Amaru. You're never opposed to me taking her with me either.  We've been married for almost two years now and we're still arguing about the same things we were arguing about when we first got married."Damita rolled her eyes. "You always want to go out with your brothers. They can stay out all night, they don't have kids. Before you try to bring Eric into this, Don't because he barely even goes out with you guys."

"Alright Damita, I hear you. I'll be here."Amaru pulled off his shirt.

"I know you hear me. You've been hearing me for awhile now, but are you listening?"She asked. "One day, your ass will come home and we won't be here."

"Relax. You ain't going nowhere."Amaru laughed.

"I'm glad you think this is a game. I'll leave right now. I have bags packed for myself and my daughter just in case you don't straighten up. I could take care of myself, and my baby."Damita replied with an attitude. She stood up and pulled the bags from under their bed.

Amaru got upset. "So you be thinking about leaving me? Is that what you trying to say?"

"Get right or get left. The choice is yours Amaru. I don't have to take this shit from you. At this point I think you only got me pregnant to keep me home, because you damn sure didn't do it to be here with Amari."She argued. "Taniyah and Keisha might like all that dysfunction in their relationship but I don't. That's never been us, until now. That shit might've been funny when we were young, but now it's not. I can't keep popping up on you making you come home, I have a child. WE have a child."

"Alright Baby. I apologize, it'll never happen again. I'll do better I swear. Starting now, I'll be straight home when I'm done working. I'll feed Amari change her diaper, all that. I'll even bathe her, hell. I married you because I want to be with you for the rest of my life and it's time for me to start acting like it. I love you."he tried to kiss her, but she turned her head.

"Mmhm we'll see."She rolled her eyes and laid down next to Amari.