32

Amaru walked into an empty quiet house. His children weren't in the living room and Damita was nowhere in sight. He hadn't talked to her since earlier, so them not speaking had him worried. He tried calling her once more to not be answered.

"Baby?"He called walking into the kitchen and outside to the backyard. That's where she usually was when he couldn't find her.

"Maybe she upstairs sleep, she is pregnant."He laughed to himself a ran upstairs to wake her up.

Their door was closed, so he knew she was in there, As he walked through, he could hear the shower running.

She never took showers without him. He was going to scare her. He took his shoes off and threw them to the side so that she wouldn't hear him coming.

The closer he got to the bathroom he could hear her sobbing.

He pushed the door open, "Baby, is everything alright."

She sat on the shower floor crying in her hands and shaking as the water ran all over her face , her body and her hair.

He pulled the shower door open and walked in with her, not caring about his clothes getting wet, they'd dry.

Amaru sat down in front of her and embraced her as tight as he could. "Baby, what's wrong? What's the problem?"He raised her head.

She didn't respond, she just looked away and cried harder into his wet shirt.

Amaru's eyes softened up."Baby, what's wrong? I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong."

He hated to see her this way, even though he didn't know why, he felt how she felt. They were in sync, if she cried, he was crying too.

Damita opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Trying to muster up to courage to her husband what had her so down had her anxiety all over the place.

Her eyes widened and she gripped his arm tightly, she couldn't breathe.

She was having a panic attack and Amaru had no idea what to do. As long as he had been back, she wasn't having any.

He gave her some space and started to rub on her hand. He remembered that he and Aaliyah talked about what he should do if this was to happen again when she wasn't around.

"Baby, I need you to relax and breathe."He coached her. "You have to stop crying, so you can breathe."

"Take a deep breath. Relax. Everything will be okay,"He encouraged her and wiped her face.

Damita closed her eyes and took deep breaths. It took her awhile to get her breathing under control but he sat there and coached her through it until she was better.

Finally, she was breathing regularly, but still had tears running down her face.

"Now...do you want to tell me why you were crying." Amaru asked, still rubbing her hand.

She nodded her head and continued to cry. "It's..I"She stuttered.

"I'm sorry."She sobbed and turned away from him. "The Baby....I-I-I lost the baby."She continued sobbing and he grabbed her tightly.

He bit down on his lip, trying to stop the tears that were forming in his eyes. "When?"He asked, holding her close.

"This morning, when you were gone."She sniffled and clung to him. "I'm so sorry baby."

He held onto her and kissed her forehead., "It's not your fault baby, it's not your fault."He held her as they rocked back and forth. "Everything will be okay. Everything will be fine,baby"